WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Razer the Roof!

We've got mice in our warehouse. A lot of them. So many. They're all over the place. It seems like more and more show up every day, and now we've got to do something about them. So we're sending them to you. In exchange for money. Wait... we mentioned that they were computer mice from Razer, right?
Razer official site



Quality Posts


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's your game of choice?

I remember when I was gaming pretty hardcore (no I won't get all back in the day), I had a Razer with programmable buttons on the side (I probably got it from woot, just saying). I'm not sure it made me especially better, but my tiny hands were grateful not having to stretch out over convoluted macros on my keyboard.

I'm just hanging out, really.

RocRizzo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo

And here I thought you made scooters!

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

kateyourfaceoff


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kateyourfaceoff

No Protoss messenger bag?

thejsm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejsm

They have new ones on Amazon for 10 bucks more, you suck woot

pjladyfox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjladyfox

May not be much of a deal. The newly revised 2012 model goes for $79.99 new at Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-+Naga+2012+Expert+MMO+Laser+Gaming+Mouse+-+Black/5559544.p?id=1218661380065&skuId=5559544&st=razer%20naga&cp=1&lp=4

Just wish there was some of the Naga Hex models that were available. Still, nice to see Razer stuff up here on Woot!

Simmp5


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Simmp5

where the hell are my Razer In-ear headphones. The Razer m100 Pro|Solutions Protone In-Ear Earphone.

HermXIV


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HermXIV
pjladyfox wrote:May not be much of a deal. The newly revised 2012 model goes for $79.99 new at Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-+Naga+2012+Expert+MMO+Laser+Gaming+Mouse+-+Black/5559544.p?id=1218661380065&skuId=5559544&st=razer%20naga&cp=1&lp=4

Just wish there was some of the Naga Hex models that were available. Still, nice to see Razer stuff up here on Woot!



You should look a little closer. That is the "Razer Naga", which also goes for $79.99 on Razer's own website: http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-naga

However this is the "Razer Naga Epic", which is a different mouse. It goes for $129.99 new: http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-naga-epic

One of the key differences is the wired/wireless duality of the epic, a feature that the base Naga does not enjoy.

drakethegreat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drakethegreat

I've had nothing but bad luck with the Razor devices I own. I got them on Woot about a year ago and they constantly refuse to work with my dock and they are incredibly cheap in terms of the build quality. The mouse wheel is crap and the keyboard quality is very low. I'd avoid these guys because they pride themselves on looking cool for gamers while not having the same quality one would expect.

Kobura


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kobura
drakethegreat wrote:I've had nothing but bad luck with the Razor devices I own. I got them on Woot about a year ago and they constantly refuse to work with my dock and they are incredibly cheap in terms of the build quality. The mouse wheel is crap and the keyboard quality is very low. I'd avoid these guys because they pride themselves on looking cool for gamers while not having the same quality one would expect.



That's unfortunate. I bought a Salmosa about...four years ago, and despite the finish being marred to hell by countless cheezy fingers, and needing once for me to disassemble it and remove a cat hair from the scroll wheel mount, definitely the best pointer I've ever used anywhere. I might get a second one just to back this one up if something happens, or put old faithful away for an unhappy day.

Kobura Shinja Cape

ronin212


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ronin212

I personally only use razer peripherals. Currently I have the razer imperator, which has worked perfectly for me for about a year. Only problem is if you have something like an Xbox 360 on the same desk, or something that causes vibrations the mouse will pick it up. So while its turned on your mouse will drag across the screen. This is due to how sensitive the mouse is (according to razer).

I know many people say they never have good luck with razer, but i guess i'm the opposite. I've never had any mice/keyboard (i've had all together about 3 razer keyboards and 2 mice) die on me. I upgrade them about once every year or so.However they are sensitive, so if you nerd rage and slam your keyboard that might account for it not working. I only ever buy them new though, so caveat emptor

Kobura


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kobura

Also http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-moray

Kobura Shinja Cape

Ventrue


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ventrue
ronin212 wrote:I personally only use razer peripherals. Currently I have the razer imperator, which has worked perfectly for me for about a year. Only problem is if you have something like an Xbox 360 on the same desk, or something that causes vibrations the mouse will pick it up. So while its turned on your mouse will drag across the screen. This is due to how sensitive the mouse is (according to razer).

I know many people say they never have good luck with razer, but i guess i'm the opposite. I've never had any mice/keyboard (i've had all together about 3 razer keyboards and 2 mice) die on me. I upgrade them about once every year or so.However they are sensitive, so if you nerd rage and slam your keyboard that might account for it not working. I only ever buy them new though, so caveat emptor



I've had the opposite luck of you. I've had issues with every Razer peripheral I've had (purchased new, directly from their website). I purchased a Razer Diamondback back in the day, and both times, the wire developed loose connections and I needed to have it replaced. After it failed the second time, I tried the DeathAdder. That one failed a firmware update within a week of purchase, and bricked. Lastly, I purchased a Razer Lycosa Mirror, which had its first key break (the little clips on the key that hold it onto the keyboard broke off) about 5 months after purchase.

I really wanted to like Razer, but their lack of quality has led me to seek other manufacturers. Mind you, I'm a heavy computer user (around 12 hours minimum per day for work alone).

ilovemymacpro


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ilovemymacpro

Been a Logitech Fanboy all my life but was looking for a mechanical keyboard. Picked up the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and have had it for about 3 months. Great keyboard for everyday use. I wasn't able to get the drivers working for it though. I haven't used any other Razer product, but everywhere I see there mice have a wide variety of reviews saying its either worked perfectly or its broken. It seems that there consistent quality needs some work.

I've seen a fair share of horror stories on Woot from people who have bought refurbished equipment from Razer. In my opinion, spend the extra money and get a brand new peripheral, its worth the extra cost.

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13

Bought my husband the same headset (a woot refurb) just over 2 years ago and it's been an excellent choice. He LOVES it.

In fact it works so well he often cannot hear when I try to get his attention and I have to resort to ludicrous-looking handwaving and such antics to get him to know I am trying to talk to him. When he has volume up to max, I can hear it while sitting at my desk next to his, but not anywhere else in the room, and it's much quieter than his last headset.

Especially nice are the volume fine-tuner on the cord, and the durable cloth-wrapped cord (I like that it has never gotten any kinks, never bent, no cracks, run over with a chair daily, things like that). VERY cushy and soft earpieces.

The size adjustments only go so small though, so if you have a small head, this may not quite fit. I find the tops of the earpieces push on the tops of my ears.

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13

Anyone know about the bag? Would it work as a stealthy Daddy-diaper-bag?

ronin212


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ronin212
runnerfrog13 wrote:Anyone know about the bag? Would it work as a stealthy Daddy-diaper-bag?



I just bought the SC2 bag, i have the original razer messenger bag and its pretty good. For $15 you can't really go wrong

rezfrog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rezfrog

Heck yeah! I love it when Woot sells these products. Sure, they're designed for gamers and quite flashy, but they are also built solidly and I haven't had a single one break down. My dog has chewed a few of the cords though, so if you have a pup, make sure to buy more than one.



- Windows 7 64bit

candiceb


quality posts: 2 Private Messages candiceb

I got the Razer Tron mouse about 6 months ago from here on Woot, and I've really enjoyed it. It's very sensitive, it fits my small hands well (a problem with many gaming mice for me), and it's been great for everyday use and gaming. I can't really say much about other Razer products, but if they're anything like what I've experienced, then they're a pretty decent product.

Cotmweasel


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cotmweasel

They have a Mamba in the picture but it's not for sale I love my Mamba and I want to buy one for work lol

dipdac


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dipdac

how does the salmosa compare to logitech's g500 or whatever the base laser gamer they have is now?

gls2100


quality posts: 2 Private Messages gls2100

The Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset, HIGHLY HIGHLY advise NOT getting these. I ve had them for about 1.5 years now. They were okay until I started playing RTSs or MMOs with others on Vent or Skype. They give this excruciating feedback to everyone else and no one wants to play with you.... or it could be me, haha.

Seriously, I wouldn't get these things again. However, they are comfortable.

firebeyer


quality posts: 3 Private Messages firebeyer
gls2100 wrote:The Razer Gaming Headset, HIGHLY HIGHLY advise NOT getting these. I ve had them for about 1.5 years now. They were okay until I started playing RTSs or MMOs with others on Vent or Skype. They give this excruciating feedback to everyone else and no one wants to play with you.... or it could be me, haha.

Seriously, I wouldn't get these things again. However, they are comfortable.



I have to say I have had not a single issue with either of the 2 Razer Carcharias headset (1 brand new, 1 referb from woot) that I have owned. It is by far the best gaming headset I have owned and never have problems when using ventrilo to game with friends. I like the idea of wireless and USB headsets but I always seem to break them or they just dont cut it, so these plain headsets with 1/8 in plugs are great. Although I am so tempted to get a 7.1 surround sound headset some day.

Tristicus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tristicus

Gotta say I'm actually glad they didn't include the Mamba considering I just ordered one off of Amazon today. Really wished the previous sale they had was actually the 2012 version and they didn't advertise it falsely. Oh well.

w0ngerrrz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages w0ngerrrz

No deathadders?

gestaltx


quality posts: 2 Private Messages gestaltx

Do they make lefty models? I've always wanted a Razer, but it seems I'd be relegated to using an ambidex model. I've never seen a lefty model for sale on Woot.

jha1223


quality posts: 6 Private Messages jha1223

I can't specifically comment to their other products, but I have a Diamondback that you would have to pry from my dead cold hands.

It has survived some very heavy pvp in WoW (when I used to play competitive PVP), Diablo, Torchlight ... you get the idea.

I am hating the thought of ever having to replace it!

hogfatt


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt

I have only purchased razer mice and only refurbs from woot. I current have one at work (copperhead I believe) that I have used for 6 years without issue. I have another of the same model that I used for 4 years and only replaced it for the Naga I am currently using issue free. The one I replaced was also working just fine with exposed wiring (poor cable management on my part stripped the outside of part of the cord).

I would buy more razer mice, but the ones I have need to break first for me to justify it!

CT Updating, please wait....

flakhappy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages flakhappy
Kobura wrote:That's unfortunate. I bought a Salmosa about...four years ago, and despite the finish being marred to hell by countless cheezy fingers, and needing once for me to disassemble it and remove a cat hair from the scroll wheel mount, definitely the best pointer I've ever used anywhere. I might get a second one just to back this one up if something happens, or put old faithful away for an unhappy day.



Same here for me. My Salmosa is going strong after I think 3 years. I also have a regular version of the Imperator and its been a great mouse.

839351


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 839351

I hate it when you (WOOT) put products that you aren't even selling in your promotional pictures. It's like you're just messing with me.

Also, anyone else find it funny that that same picture has all the Razer products sitting around a Mac?

Their way of saying "you don't have to be a gamer to buy this, you only need to like expensive things."

839351


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 839351
flakhappy wrote:Same here for me. My Salmosa is going strong after I think 3 years. I also have a regular version of the Imperator and its been a great mouse.



That Salmosa is crazy light though right? Might pick one up, but worried about that.

I've got a "Microsoft Optical Blue" that I bought in 2001 that works perfectly, scroll wheel is as smooth as it was the day I bought it. It's been dropped in a pool and fallen 3 stories off a motel ledge. Worlds best mouse

Moueska


quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska
inkycatz wrote:What's your game of choice?

I remember when I was gaming pretty hardcore (no I won't get all back in the day), I had a Razer with programmable buttons on the side (I probably got it from woot, just saying). I'm not sure it made me especially better, but my tiny hands were grateful not having to stretch out over convoluted macros on my keyboard.



Skyrim. But the hubby plays all kinds of FPS, FPSRPG, Team-based FPS, Strategy, etc.

Moueska


quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska
gls2100 wrote:The Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset, HIGHLY HIGHLY advise NOT getting these. I ve had them for about 1.5 years now. They were okay until I started playing RTSs or MMOs with others on Vent or Skype. They give this excruciating feedback to everyone else and no one wants to play with you.... or it could be me, haha.

Seriously, I wouldn't get these things again. However, they are comfortable.



The hubby had a pair of Radio Shack headphones that were flimsy and gave uncontrollably bad static and poor voice quality. His friends have all commented on the improvement in his voice quality since his new headphones.

I got the Carcharias for him when his headphones broke (and I was too annoyed to send them back for the replacement under the extended warranty). We got our Razer headset from Best Buy for about twice the price, not including their extended warranty. (We have a kid, warranty is a requirement for us, not a choice.) Fantastic headset so far, he's had them for over two months and loves them. He treats them VERY gently, uses them for Skype and gaming with Steam and other internal voice-chat systems. Some of his other friends said that they have similar headphones by Razer and are pretty happy with them.

I hate to say it, but so far your experience sounds like a one-off.

Moueska


quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska
runnerfrog13 wrote:
In fact it works so well he often cannot hear when I try to get his attention and I have to resort to ludicrous-looking handwaving and such antics to get him to know I am trying to talk to him.

OH THANK GOD, I'M NOT ALONE!

:D

pjladyfox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjladyfox

Wish I had'nt passed up the Naga now since I was thinking of getting one for a friend. At least I managed to get the Nostromo pad after trying one out at Best Buy earlier today.

Between the shirt I ordered last week and these goodies I'm going to be a happy girl when they get here. ^_^

amberrosie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberrosie

I've had the Carcharias headset for a few years now and I'm not a big fan of it. Even on the smallest setting it's just a bit too big for my head so after awhile it starts to slip down and pinch the top of my ears until they hurt. I'm a girl so maybe it's just not built for my head.

Also, the cord is super long and unwieldy. It always gets wrapped around my chair. I've tried to tie it up a bit and move it but it always comes out.

Other than that, the sound quality has always been good on both headphones and mic.

thomassonwe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages thomassonwe

I bought a DeathAdder a few months ago in a Woot Off and have really liked it. I've been hoping to get a second one for work, but the last Woot Off had only one and there are none in this event. Maybe the next Woot Off...

mmurd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmurd

hey if there's any way you could get more keyboard's that would be great :D (and tron mouse pads...)

Moueska


quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska
amberrosie wrote:I've had the Carcharias headset for a few years now and I'm not a big fan of it. Even on the smallest setting it's just a bit too big for my head so after awhile it starts to slip down and pinch the top of my ears until they hurt. I'm a girl so maybe it's just not built for my head.

Also, the cord is super long and unwieldy. It always gets wrapped around my chair. I've tried to tie it up a bit and move it but it always comes out.

Other than that, the sound quality has always been good on both headphones and mic.



The hubby doesn't scoot around on his chair at all, and he's got a pretty tall/man-sized head. He got a pair of skullcandy headphones for christmas that hurt his head because they're tight - the Razer headphones fit him perfectly.

I do admit though - I am female, and I PROMISE they slip off my head if I'm not paying attention. Comfy as heck, though. Have you thought about adding a small cushion to the underside of the headset for stability?

Our cord goes around the monitor and has plenty of give, but has never gotten caught on the chair!

Flaeor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flaeor
pjladyfox wrote:May not be much of a deal. The newly revised 2012 model goes for $79.99 new at Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-+Naga+2012+Expert+MMO+Laser+Gaming+Mouse+-+Black/5559544.p?id=1218661380065&skuId=5559544&st=razer%20naga&cp=1&lp=4

Just wish there was some of the Naga Hex models that were available. Still, nice to see Razer stuff up here on Woot!



The one you linked isn't wireless. May be preference but it costs more for them to make.