WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Hover car or jet pack?
  • 63.2% - Hover car 920
  • 36.8% - Jet pack 535
1455 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

chretist

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chretist

Hover car, and run into the Jet Packs!

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

Jet packs would be a novelty, like the water based "jet" packs we have now. A flying car would a) be awesome and b) mean that in order to get a driver's license, you'd have to essentially get a pilot's license which could get some of the *^%&$^%* off the road that HAVE NO BUSINESS DRIVING! YES, YOU! WHY YOU NO SIGNAL BEFORE MERGING?!

Oh, sure. Flip me off. I'm the bad guy in this situation.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
rprebel wrote:Jet packs would be a novelty, like the water based "jet" packs we have now. A flying car would a) be awesome and b) mean that in order to get a driver's license, you'd have to essentially get a pilot's license which could get some of the *^%&$^%* off the road that HAVE NO BUSINESS DRIVING! YES, YOU! WHY YOU NO SIGNAL BEFORE MERGING?!

Oh, sure. Flip me off. I'm the bad guy in this situation.

Oh good... I'm not the only one wondering... WHY YOU NO SIGNAL?!

I had to consider the pros and cons for a second, but ultimately, protection from projectiles and other flying objects led me to choose hover car. Jet pack... one stray pelican and it's so long flying person.

ardubu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ardubu

Great! Now we have hover cars crashing into each other and falling on houses! As if aircraft are not enough!
Flying wishbones...

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

groucho1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages groucho1

Since "Hover car with a jet pack in the trunk" wasn't a choice, I had to go with the more practical hover car.

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

I'm frankly embarrassed at how much thought I put into this poll.

(hover car)

psycher1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psycher1

Simply, there's a foreign and unexplained thing that happens where I live called 'winter.'

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley

Bugs, birds, rain, snow? No thanks! I'll stay nice and cozy in my hover-car.

usclawyer

quality posts: 6 Private Messages usclawyer

Clearly, many of you have not given this due thought. What can a hover car do that a regular car cannot do? Not much - 5 feet from the ground, you could, perhaps, go over snow or boulders easier. If there were more than, say, 5 of them operating, you'd have to have traffic control (see Back to the Future II - if you can stomach it). So where's the great advantage over what we have right now? Unless the Woot pollsters meant to give us a choice of FLYING car versus jetpack, in which case the flying car is essentially an airplane or helicopter, which we already have. So what's the big deal?

Jetpacks on the other hand, are kind of like science giving you a marginal superpower. Pretty cool if you ask me. Not good for fighting crime, but I sure would get to the office more quickly.

poqa31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poqa31

it rains too much for a jet pack , and with all the marijuana people will be smoking they will be knocking jet pack people outta the sky.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

This is an awesome poll. Simplicity works.

And...hover car.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Jet car

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
usclawyer wrote:Clearly, many of you have not given this due thought. What can a hover car do that a regular car cannot do? Not much - 5 feet from the ground, you could, perhaps, go over snow or boulders easier. If there were more than, say, 5 of them operating, you'd have to have traffic control (see Back to the Future II - if you can stomach it). So where's the great advantage over what we have right now? Unless the Woot pollsters meant to give us a choice of FLYING car versus jetpack, in which case the flying car is essentially an airplane or helicopter, which we already have. So what's the big deal?

Jetpacks on the other hand, are kind of like science giving you a marginal superpower. Pretty cool if you ask me. Not good for fighting crime, but I sure would get to the office more quickly.

Amen.