WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Asus for yous...

Why would you run out into the frigid early morning November air to battle hundreds of crazed shoppers when you can sit comfortably from your own home and click on a computer you want and get it in just a few days?
Asus official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Compare, contrast, rejoice in PC style superiority, we don't mind.

I'm just hanging out, really.

gravityhr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gravityhr

Asus, hoo-ray!!

lmsieu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmsieu

I bought this to share with mom. We immediately upgraded via online to Win8 Pro and are still getting to know Win8. But all signs are good. The keyboard and mouse that came with it were DOA, and I need to talk to someone at ASUS about that, but I had another wireless keyboard and mouse that works great with it. Also there aren't enough USB ports to suit me. For the price, I think it'll all be okay when the Fat Lady sings.

Lily
and the dog.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
lmsieu wrote:I bought this to share with mom. We immediately upgraded via online to Win8 Pro and are still getting to know Win8. But all signs are good. The keyboard and mouse that came with it were DOA, and I need to talk to someone at ASUS about that, but I had another wireless keyboard and mouse that works great with it. Also there aren't enough USB ports to suit me. For the price, I think it'll all be okay when the Fat Lady sings.

Hmmm... EVERTHING will all be o.k. when the Fat Lady sings, because it'll all be over then. There will be no need for laptops when it's all over.

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt

I still haven't forgiven Asus for my laptop. Why bother selling a 64bit laptop if you aren't gonna write the BIOS to support more than 4GB of RAM?! I can actually get the laptop to boot with 8GB of RAM installed, everything is just really really slow!

nleksan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nleksan

Honestly, I don't see anything that makes these laptop prices a "good deal" compared to anywhere else... The specs are all low-end and some are generations old, and on top of that refurbished! The actual value of the computers, starting from top left and going right, then bottom left to right, is approximately: $410, $275, $325, $225, $180, $200.

The >$500 laptop is the one that is the biggest rip-off... For between $5-75 more, you can get a brand-new quad-core i5 laptop with 4/6/8GB RAM, 750GB-1TB HDD (maybe w a 20-32GB mSATA Cache SSD), 15.6" 1920x1080 WLED-LCD display, and if you are willing to go to about $650 you can get a decent discrete GPU (GT645M)...

I LOVE ASUS, but these deals STINK!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

nleksan wrote:Honestly, I don't see anything that makes these laptop prices a "good deal" compared to anywhere else... The specs are all low-end and some are generations old, and on top of that refurbished! The actual value of the computers, starting from top left and going right, then bottom left to right, is approximately: $410, $275, $325, $225, $180, $200.

The >$500 laptop is the one that is the biggest rip-off... For between $5-75 more, you can get a brand-new quad-core i5 laptop with 4/6/8GB RAM, 750GB-1TB HDD (maybe w a 20-32GB mSATA Cache SSD), 15.6" 1920x1080 WLED-LCD display, and if you are willing to go to about $650 you can get a decent discrete GPU (GT645M)...

I LOVE ASUS, but these deals STINK!

got links?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Backlit keyboards, backlit keyboards... come on woot, this is 2012, not 1999

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

smithmark

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smithmark
PemberDucky wrote:got links?

Yes. Here's a new Asus 3rd gen I5 laptop for $100 less than that 2nd gen refurb. It does come with less ram, but meh.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3924783&CatId=4935

pinusjaponicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinusjaponicus

Discrete video card, PLEASE

TELLingson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TELLingson

Anyone received their laptops yet? My tracking number is still showing no updates since 11/21.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
TELLingson wrote:Anyone received their laptops yet? My tracking number is still showing no updates since 11/21.

Hi there,
You are definitely welcome to contact support@woot.com regarding your order. Please include as much info as possible so they can help track things down fast!

I'm just hanging out, really.