WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bazooka-da-dook-da-dook (Speakers)

You want noise? We got it. You want big noise? We got that too. You want small noise? We don't even know what that means. You want dyspeptic noise? Now, we're really confused. All we know is we're selling Bazooka speakers!
Bazooka official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Speak softly and carry a bazooka. Or just speak about the reviews, that's fine too.

I'm just hanging out, really.

markelshark

quality posts: 3 Private Messages markelshark

I got the 8" 50w complete kit a few months back and love it. It offers a fullness of sound to my car without rattling my trunk and generally making my car seem ghetto or that of an adolescent teenager.

Installed it myself, took 2-3 hours.

Perhaps the best thing about it is that it doesn't take up much space in my trunk and if I need more space it takes all of 30 seconds to unplug it or plug it back in.

Overall, very happy with the purchase and would recommend to anyone looking for better, more full sound in the auto.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
markelshark wrote:
Perhaps the best thing about it is that it doesn't take up much space in my trunk and if I need more space it takes all of 30 seconds to unplug it or plug it back in.

Exactly. This is their shining point. The amplified tubes are a compact solution that, once installed, allows for ultra quick removal if the condition arises. It uses a harness right at the tube. Just unclip, loosen the straps and remove. Re-installation is just as easy. Clean and easy to install, has a lot of functionality and happens to perform surprisingly well to boot. Cannot be beaten at this price point.

bobengle3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobengle3

I'm in full agreement here. I also got the 8" 50w system the last time it was offered. Installed mine behind the seat of my truck. This thing provides some much needed low-end, and greatly improves the overall sound of my system. I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence about getting it!

twobuck40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twobuck40

looks like a extra 1 was added to the front of the the triangle subs price here. they list it at 49.95 @ their site.
http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobile/Woofers-C11/RX-Series-S48

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Also watch out for the dual 6 ohm voice coils on that triangle sub. Running only one sub would yield a 3 ohm load for your amp (too high to achieve full power out of a monoblock and too low for a bridged two-channel). Running two of these subs would yield a 1.5 ohm load in a parallel/parallel configuration (requires a 1 ohm stable monoblock) or 6 ohm in a series/parallel configuration (too high to achieve full power out of any amp in any scheme). These subwoofers are meant to be run in a trio for a final load of 1 ohm. So be "in for three" then thank me later. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I suggest consulting someone who does before making your purchase on the triangle subs.