WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Should x-ray specs be legal?
  • 56.2% - Yes! If you outlaw x-ray specs, only outlaws will have x-ray specs. 997
  • 43.8% - No. People have a reasonable expectation to not be seen naked. Unless of course they’re trying to fly anywhere. 778
1775 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

SmartDrug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SmartDrug

Gun control laws now seem different to the handful of people paying attention to this poll.

Gun Control laws only serve to disarm those who abide by law.

Contemplate.

When you do things right, people won't know you've done anything at all.

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Everyone seems to think that X-ray = naked, when really X-ray = bones and other equally hard objects. So, for instance, if someone tries to look at a lady's boobs, all he will see is a ribcage.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
SmartDrug wrote:Gun control laws now seem different to the handful of people paying attention to this poll.

Contemplate.

Do most gun fatalities occur from legally or illegally possessed firearms?

smcphetrige

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smcphetrige
Harui wrote:Everyone seems to think that X-ray = naked, when really X-ray = bones and other equally hard objects. So, for instance, if someone tries to look at a lady's boobs, all he will see is a ribcage.

+1 Yep...

oclafretep

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oclafretep

Completely agree that X-rays do not mean naked, they mean bones, hard objects, etc...

Why is gun control a topic of contention here? Take your politics out of my Woot poll!

MatadorBID

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MatadorBID

If I took this as a real question about xray specs I would answer it a certain way. I instead took it as a allegory on gun control and answered it the other.

eliztowns

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eliztowns
Harui wrote:Everyone seems to think that X-ray = naked, when really X-ray = bones and other equally hard objects. So, for instance, if someone tries to look at a lady's boobs, all he will see is a ribcage.

exactly what i was going to say

Yanroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yanroy

I don't think privacy is the right question to decide the legality of x-ray specs. If they're actually emitting x-rays, you'll be irradiating anyone you look at... thus they should be illegal to use without the consent of the person you're looking at.

If you really want to make it a gun control allegory, I think my above statement works rather well: I think guns should be legal, but you shouldn't be able to shoot them at people who aren't doing anything wrong.

BigDaddy10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigDaddy10

Wait! You can get X-ray specs now? Where? How much? How did I miss that?

ponchoelchico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ponchoelchico
curtisuxor wrote:Do most gun fatalities occur from legally or illegally possessed firearms?

Are guns manufactured legally or illegally?

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bookofjoshua

That is, in fact, not the case. You know those machines at the airport that show you're nakedness to the government to make sure you don't have explosive genitals... that's backscatter... wait for it......X-Ray!!!! Though I believe they are pulling all the backscatter x-ray out in favor of the millimeter wave machines.

vperl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vperl

Is it Tuesday yet ?

What was the question ?

Lint-Licker

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
Yanroy wrote:I don't think privacy is the right question to decide the legality of x-ray specs. If they're actually emitting x-rays, you'll be irradiating anyone you look at... thus they should be illegal to use without the consent of the person you're looking at.

If you really want to make it a gun control allegory, I think my above statement works rather well: I think guns should be legal, but you shouldn't be able to shoot them at people who aren't doing anything wrong.

My thoughts exactly.
I'd also add this:
X-rays highlight the bones, etc, but you will still see the whole body in all it's silhouetted glory. Note: if you are wearing X-ray glasses in public, you would see EVERYONE you looked at this way, not just your intended target. Personally I'd rather not see the majority of people naked.

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus
SmartDrug wrote:Gun control laws now seem different to the handful of people paying attention to this poll.

Contemplate.

So the answer is no laws at all, let the crazies and criminals have all the guns they want and the rest of us will be forced to live in armed camps like in Mad Max? Contemplate yourself.

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

When my dentist shoots me with x-rays I refuse to wear the lead vest. Bring it on, I say.

Rarely does a person get shot that doesn't have a gun pointed at them.
Contemplate that.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

janetmickley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janetmickley

Lmfaooooo, how can people think they are going to be seen naked with x-ray specs? It will only show bones and jewelry haha.

gorbag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gorbag
hosesplus wrote:So the answer is no laws at all, let the crazies and criminals have all the guns they want and the rest of us will be forced to live in armed camps like in Mad Max? Contemplate yourself.

Have you checked the international section of the newspaper lately?

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
janetmickley wrote:Lmfaooooo, how can people think they are going to be seen naked with x-ray specs? It will only show bones and jewelry haha.

I see x-rays constantly... You see more than just the bones and jewelry. The bones and jewelry may stand out, but the rest is there too (faded, but clearly delineated). When is the last time you looked at an x-ray?

MarkES

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MarkES

I will give up my X-ray specs when you pry them from my cold dead hands.... Or if you just ask politely.