12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Good price, good reviews,In for one.
New for $98 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-MM-D470D-Micro-System/dp/B005IVYZIY/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
12 reviews 4 star rating

mayesg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mayesg

My wife wants a Samsung Micro System for her Samsung phone.

Mezquitic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mezquitic

Have one, great sound for the size and nice quality, dvd playback is a plus.

doomtothee

quality posts: 47 Private Messages doomtothee
mayesg wrote:My wife wants a Samsung Micro System for her Samsung phone.

Here's a converter so that you can plug it into a micro USB Smartphone and get the same functionality
http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockBossplus.html
EDIT: I actually found one that works but it's $30... If you really really want to charge and play I guess but otherwise seems silly.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

sucker4crap

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sucker4crap

Babelfish please...

[MOD: Embedded video. Gives a good view of the system. ]

bmorlock19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmorlock19

Does this have to be hooked up to your TV to work? Can it be used without being hooked up to a TV?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus

What's the point if the DVD playback? Isn't this an iPod speaker + FM tuner?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:What's the point if the DVD playback? Isn't this an iPod speaker + FM tuner?

Seems like it could be a good way to get better speakers to say, a bedroom TV. You get a DVD player, speakers, iPod player, and FM all in one small system.

jay3120

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jay3120

Seriously Samsung, you supposedly put out the greatest phone, the galaxy s3, and have few accessories for it?! Then you make the one accessory that everyone wants for the Iphone! Bahhh! I would pay twice this amount for a galaxy s3 compatible for my girlfriend, simple perfect gift, christmas complete. But no, logic cant be had...

sucker4crap

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sucker4crap
sucker4crap wrote:Babelfish please...

[MOD: Embedded video. Gives a good view of the system. ]

After Czech-ing out this video, I opted to get this. My DVD player died and my 3gen iPod Touch 16GB has a broken screen that finally stopped responding to touch, so this should fill the gaps.

I'm seconding the complaint of jay3120 about support for Samsung phones! I'm looking to upgrade to a Galaxy Note 2 next month and it would be great if they would support their own devices!

I guess that the landfills will keep busy until we find a way to make it more profitable to manufacture electronics with upgradable software, than the same old planned obsolescence spiral.

talidal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talidal

Does this have a remote control?

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
talidal wrote:Does this have a remote control?

Read the specs in the description.

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71

Here's the manual.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

I bought this from Amazon and returned it. The sound is about identical to my 42" HDTV. Nothing remarkable. It looks cool though. But I bought it for sound, not table appeal.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
jay3120 wrote:Seriously Samsung, you supposedly put out the greatest phone, the galaxy s3, and have few accessories for it?! Then you make the one accessory that everyone wants for the Iphone! Bahhh! I would pay twice this amount for a galaxy s3 compatible for my girlfriend, simple perfect gift, christmas complete. But no, logic cant be had...

Get a Logitech streaming bluetooth dock. They sound excellent and are compatible with all Bluetooth smart phones, including the all proprietary iPhone 5.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

jvspencer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jvspencer
doomtothee wrote:Here's a converter so that you can plug it into a micro USB Smartphone and get the same functionality
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?seq=1&format=2&p_id=9423&CAWELAID=1388765859&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLvAzIDVh7QCFYuZ4AodOHgASw
It wouldn't be a neat little stand but you should be able to charge and play without any issues.

That cable doesn't look like it will help you use the dock for you non-I-phone.

kfrastenis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfrastenis

Does anyone know if this will work with an iPhone 4s?

akenmaat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akenmaat

"w/ 30-pin iPod Dock"

Does that mean there's a version of this that supports other phones? Or is this just another Apple only product I should ignore?

non4prophet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages non4prophet
kfrastenis wrote:Does anyone know if this will work with an iPhone 4s?

The specs listed on Woot indicate that it will work with the iPhone 4S.

sniper1391

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sniper1391

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...I'm not entirely sure my ipod is "30 pin?" I don't want to buy this and have it not be compatible..I have the second or third generation ipod touch (not sure which)

jhedlund

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhedlund
sniper1391 wrote:I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...I'm not entirely sure my ipod is "30 pin?" I don't want to buy this and have it not be compatible..I have the second or third generation ipod touch (not sure which)

According to the specs on woot, the 2nd and 3rd Generation ipod touch work:

"iPod touch (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation"

jjmegan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjmegan

will this arrive before xmas? ANyone know?

ldonahue01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldonahue01

[what does 30 pin mean?

ThunderThighs

Staff

ldonahue01 wrote:[what does 30 pin mean?

30 pin refers to the Apple connector on the devices prior to the new iPhone 5.

ThunderThighs

Staff

jjmegan wrote:will this arrive before xmas? ANyone know?

Yes, that's the plan, barring no unforeseen events.

satyen422

quality posts: 1 Private Messages satyen422

Does anyone know if it will play mk4 (and the such) via the USB port.. like a media player?

lembeck4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lembeck4

Let me get this straight, the Samsung Micro System has a built in Ipod charger, but can't charge my Samsung tablet or Samsung GS III....El Stupido. So tired of Ieverything crap getting all the attention.

daharv16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daharv16
satyen422 wrote:Does anyone know if it will play mk4 (and the such) via the USB port.. like a media player?

Appears to be limited to MP3, WMA or AC3 unless you are playing through an attached device like a iPhone, iPod, etc.

idntts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idntts

How long does it usually take to receive an item like this? 1 Week, a couple of weeks?

doomtothee

quality posts: 47 Private Messages doomtothee
jvspencer wrote:That cable doesn't look like it will help you use the dock for you non-I-phone.

You are certainly right I was thinking about it backwards... I did find one that works but it's stupidly expensive.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
idntts wrote:How long does it usually take to receive an item like this? 1 Week, a couple of weeks?

We like to allow five full business days for processing and shipping. If it gets to be longer than that you are welcome to contact support@woot.com for an update.

As for receiving the item, it depends on what shipping speed you select, and such.

Usually if it's by smartpost it takes a couple weeks.

I'm just hanging out, really.

richiers

quality posts: 3 Private Messages richiers

i got one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snakesg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snakesg

so pity- only today received from amazon about sale for 49.99$ but it was sold ((

bwayne780

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bwayne780

Has anyone else had a problem with the ipod playback? I recently recieved this item, but it does not recognize an ipod when connected.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bwayne780 wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with the ipod playback? I recently recieved this item, but it does not recognize an ipod when connected.

Please feel free to contact the manufacturer for a replacement, or support@woot.com for any other options.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mshirtz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mshirtz

works fine

soontekoh34

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34
bwayne780 wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with the ipod playback? I recently recieved this item, but it does not recognize an ipod when connected.

Mine recognizes the iPOD being connected and the iPOD says it is connected to an external device. However, I get no playback. I did upgrade the iPOD to the latest firmware and still nothing. This was the recommendation from the manufacturer.

Apparently the iPOD function is not the proper input selection to use for the iPOD. *shakes head*

soontekoh34

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34
inkycatz wrote:Please feel free to contact the manufacturer for a replacement, or support@woot.com for any other options.

Is this covered by the manufacturer? My user guide has a big "NOT APPLICABLE" stamp over the warranty information in the user manual.

ThunderThighs

Staff

soontekoh34 wrote:Is this covered by the manufacturer? My user guide has a big "NOT APPLICABLE" stamp over the warranty information in the user manual.

We were told that these have a 90-day Samsung warranty. The stamps are probably to indicate that it's a refurbished and not a new item.

If you have any problems obtaining warranty assistance, email support@woot.com for help. Include as much information as you can such as emails or who you talked to. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.