3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

A man hires a car at the airport and when he goes to collect it he notices a GPS unit is attached to the windscreen. He thinks "damn I didn't ask for one of these. Bet I'm paying extra for it". Then he decides he could us some assistance so he switches it on, types in his destination and begins his journey. As he drives along, the GPS gives its directions:

Turn left at the next intersection
Continue straight ahead for 5 kms
At the roundabout, take the second exit
I really like your tie
Turn right at the next intersection

'EH..? What was that about my tie? I must hearing things" he thinks to himself

Follow road to the left
Speed camera alert
You have beautiful eyes

This goes on all the time he has the car and while it was a little unsettling at first, he soon gets used to it and finds it makes him feel pretty good.

When he returns the car he says to the lady at the counter, "That GPS is awesome...! How much extra did I have to pay for it?"

The lady replies,” Nothing sir....it’s complimentary"

doomtothee

quality posts: 47 Private Messages doomtothee

Excellent price for a 4.7" screen and lifetime maps. Magellan Doesn't measure up to Garmin and TomTom Point of Interest wise but they are still very reasonable quality wise for a GPS. And for those that think your cell phone's GPS can replace a real one think again, cell phones have assisted GPS's that recieve a very weak signal from a Satellite and then run it through the networks towers and then back again to the phone. They work very poorly in the inner city because of interference and out in the country because of poor reception (the two places where you'd generally really need them).

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

lichme

quality posts: 2260 Private Messages lichme

west3man

quality posts: 6 Private Messages west3man

*V8-slap*

ThunderThighs wrote:A man hires a car at the airport and when he goes to collect it he notices a GPS unit is attached to the windscreen. He thinks "damn I didn't ask for one of these. Bet I'm paying extra for it". Then he decides he could us some assistance so he switches it on, types in his destination and begins his journey. As he drives along, the GPS gives its directions:

I really like your tie

Follow road to the left
Speed camera alert
You have beautiful eyes

This goes on all the time he has the car and while it was a little unsettling at first, he soon gets used to it and finds it makes him feel pretty good.

When he returns the car he says to the lady at the counter, "That GPS is awesome...! How much extra did I have to pay for it?"

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Magellan RoadMate 3065T-LM 4.7" Portable GPS with Lifetime Maps & Traffic

Today on WOOT + $79.99 + $5 Shipping

ebay = $96.00 + Ships Free
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magellan-RoadMate-3065T-LM-Lifetime-Traffic-Maps-US-Can-PR-No-Subscription-Fees-/150961371134?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D4028763247785400060%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D271112336711%26

Amazon = $98.00 + Ships Free
http://www.amazon.com/Magellan-RoadMate-3065-Widescreen-Bluetooth/dp/B003CYKYV6
[MOD: Doesn't have Lifetime Maps]

Yugster = $99.97 + Ships Free
http://www.yugster.com/deals/45149-magellan-roadmate-w-lifetime-maps-4-7-screen#

***Woot beats lowest price found (ebay) by $11.01***

**NOTE**
The prices and links shown above are from a random search using Google. Your own search certainly may find differing prices and/or even lower prices.

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

Consumer Reports "Recommended", with a score of 63 in 4.7 to 7-inch models. Top scorer got an 85, low score in rated units was 55.

Ed3rd

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Ed3rd

For what it's worth, AAA members get a free second year warranty.

It's a krap! We cannot repel bags of this magnitude!
10/13/06 4/1/07 6/1/07 12/11/08 01/28/10 3/26/10

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222
ThunderThighs wrote:A man hires a car at the airport and when he goes to collect it he notices a GPS unit is attached to the windscreen. He thinks "damn I didn't ask for one of these. Bet I'm paying extra for it". Then he decides he could us some assistance so he switches it on, types in his destination and begins his journey. As he drives along, the GPS gives its directions:

I really like your tie

Follow road to the left
Speed camera alert
You have beautiful eyes

jokes like that are what killed vaudeville;-)

holmesness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holmesness

Bought one a couple offerings ago and have no regrets, this is a very good deal. The traffic info is OK but that's been my experience regardless of the brand. The GPS navigation is great.

coolmask

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolmask

I bought this the last time around. Generally speaking, not bad. However, I really wanted to take advantage of the Bluetooth function, unfortunately, it is not compatible with my Samsung galaxy II. If this is important to you, check their website to ensure your phone is supported. In addition, the user interface on mine is incredibly slow. I am going to return mine.

johosfat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johosfat

Does this give lattitude and longitude?

scutrona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scutrona

Bought one the last time it was on Woot - only a few weeks back. I've only used it a few times but so far it is better than I expected. I've had other GPS, including one built into the dash types. The features all work great with this model, including bluetooth to an iphone. Traffic takes about 15 minutes to connect, time to catch satellite position is a little longer than most, but not bad. Great features like it asks when you shut off the car or disconect power if you want to run on battery. So far I'd give it an 8 out of 10 for functionality and maps.

cfdrake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdrake

Picked up from Woot a few weeks ago for my 2nd vehicle (Garmin in 1st). Some nice features, different from Garmin, not too bad til you get to the maps. Updated to the latest available maps and found that many streets and roads in the area were not on the map. These streets are at least five years old and show up on the Garmin, but not this Magellan. Garmin is easier to use and has accurate maps, this does not.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

I really like your tie

Follow road to the left
Speed camera alert
You have beautiful eyes

Ouch,that was painful !

pnixon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pnixon

I bought this from Woot when it was offered previously. I'm pretty happy with it except it's missing an important feature - no display of the current speed limit. It will display your current driving speed, (which I've found is always a few mph lower than my speedometer), but only for a few seconds after you press the icon. Current speed display won't stay on top. Otherwise it works well, in my opinion.

snitzleiii007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snitzleiii007

just to clarify this does not come with voice assisted directions? if there is assisted voice directions what is the max db?

craigthom

quality posts: 61 Private Messages craigthom
stevef2222 wrote:jokes like that are what killed vaudeville;-)

I thought it was funny. I like homophone and other word play jokes.

A man walked into a bar and said, "Ouch!"

coolvan170

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolvan170

[quote postid="5270017" user="cfdrake"]Picked up from Woot a few weeks ago for my 2nd vehicle (Garmin in 1st). Some nice features, different from Garmin, not too bad til you get to the maps. Updated to the latest available maps and found that many streets and roads in the area were not on the map. These streets are at least five years old and show up on the Garmin, but not this Magellan. G

I have had the same issue with two different Tom Toms... I have subscriptions to the map updates, but in the Houston Area where I live and work, some entire 5 year old communities are not mapped out. Also I send in my map corrections regularly, including missing streets with names, and I never see them added.

TfxSoldier

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TfxSoldier

While the features are not the same between smartphones and dedicated GPS devices, I found my Google Galaxy phone's GPS and mapping to be superior and thus far has not steered me wrong as my Garmin did a few times. I'll stick with the phone, most accurate GPS I've owned.

But this looks like a good device and would be more useful on long trips.

~Tfx