WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Christmas Movies That We Think May Please

Nothing says "Christmas Cheer" like sitting in a darkened room and not talking to each other for a few hours. Stock up on holiday classics guaranteed to give you a bit of piece and quiet until your Uncle Greg shows up and insists on quoting every single scene in "Elf."

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I still haven't seen The Polar Express. Feel free to review these movies or just share a favorite quote!

I'm just hanging out, really.

hardworkingjulie

quality posts: 15 Private Messages hardworkingjulie

For your consideration, Mixed Nuts is up there in the top 5 holiday movies. I would also include Diehard just for giggles. Otherwise, this is a good selection....

dave16103

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dave16103

Can you not group these together for shipping?

djzings

quality posts: 4 Private Messages djzings

FYI, some of us are still waiting for ours that we ordered 2+ weeks ago. Not sure they will be here for the holidays.

saromas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saromas
djzings wrote:FYI, some of us are still waiting for ours that we ordered 2+ weeks ago. Not sure they will be here for the holidays.

Correct. I ordered from the last offering on 11/23. According to my account page, they are still awaiting shipment.

Beware! If you order today and get the same service, your movies won't ship until at least 12/26. On the bright side, that will be in plenty of time for next Christmas.

feliphilia

quality posts: 5 Private Messages feliphilia
dave16103 wrote:Can you not group these together for shipping?

If you order one you will unlock free shipping for the rest of the day . . . .

inkycatz

saromas wrote:Correct. I ordered from the last offering on 11/23. According to my account page, they are still awaiting shipment.

Beware! If you order today and get the same service, your movies won't ship until at least 12/26. On the bright side, that will be in plenty of time for next Christmas.

Have you mailed support@woot.com for an update? We'll see what we can find out but agree that's taking a while!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 715 Private Messages CowboyDann

My Blurays all came in about 3-5 days if i remember correctly, you *should* be good

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Miracle on 34th Street Blu-ray here: $11.00
Miracle on 34th Street Blu-ray on Amazon: $9.99

Really?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

jenniejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenniejo

The blu-rays that I ordered from the previous woot! 2+ weeks ago were shipped quickly, but I am still waiting for any news on Rudolph and Frosty.

djzings

inkycatz wrote:Have you mailed support@woot.com for an update? We'll see what we can find out but agree that's taking a while!

Yep contact support twice. First time they said to wait a couple more days, second time I haven't heard back yet (Friday). I did recieve 5 of the 7 within a couple days, but Rudolph and Santa hasn't been seen. My account still says they are all waiting for shipping, but one. Weirdness all around.

Irukandjia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irukandjia
djzings wrote:Yep contact support twice. First time they said to wait a couple more days, second time I haven't heard back yet (Friday). I did recieve 5 of the 7 within a couple days, but Rudolph and Santa hasn't been seen. My account still says they are all waiting for shipping, but one. Weirdness all around.

Same thing (regular DVDS not blu ray). Ordered 11/22. Still haven't shipped. Emailed customer service - they can't do anything except if I want I can send them back once they finally get here and get a refund.

No one will say when they will ship, and woot apparently isn't interested in finding out. They say they don't ship them the vendor does so - "sorry! Not our problem!" That's how I feel the response went...

vshonen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vshonen

What, no Rankin & Bass Jack Frost?!? It's my favorite Christmas movie of all time! No love for the winter sprite.

kengla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kengla

Good Day Everyone,
I work for the company that is responsible for shipping the Frosty, Santa Claus & Rudolph DVD's. We realized over this past weekend that there was a systemic glitch that was causing the orders to stall. I am happy to let you know that we have corrected and will provide tracking info to Woot.Com later this evening. I apologize for the delay and assure everyone who has ordered and those who order in the future that all is corrected and orders will soon be arriving. Happy Holidays and once again, sorry for the delay.

Thanks for your patience. This delay by no means is the fault of Woot.com.

kengla

Sorry about this. I work for the vendor responsible for shipping the DVD's. We have corrected the issue which was causing our system to stall the order process. You should have tracking info shortly and all the orders are leaving our facility tonight. Thanks again for your patience.

kengla

Sorry about this. I work for the vendor responsible for shipping the DVD's. We have corrected the issue which was causing our system to stall the order process. You should have tracking info shortly and all the orders are leaving our facility tonight. Thanks again for your patience.

Irukandjia wrote:Same thing (regular DVDS not blu ray). Ordered 11/22. Still haven't shipped. Emailed customer service - they can't do anything except if I want I can send them back once they finally get here and get a refund.

No one will say when they will ship, and woot apparently isn't interested in finding out. They say they don't ship them the vendor does so - "sorry! Not our problem!" That's how I feel the response went...

kengla

djzings wrote:Yep contact support twice. First time they said to wait a couple more days, second time I haven't heard back yet (Friday). I did recieve 5 of the 7 within a couple days, but Rudolph and Santa hasn't been seen. My account still says they are all waiting for shipping, but one. Weirdness all around.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
kengla wrote:Sorry about this. I work for the vendor responsible for shipping the DVD's. We have corrected the issue which was causing our system to stall the order process. You should have tracking info shortly and all the orders are leaving our facility tonight. Thanks again for your patience.

I leave for vacation in a week and a half. These were travel videos for our way to see family. Please Hurry!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Well no Elf on Netflix and the DVD is at Target for $7.99. Guess this decision just got made easier.

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
jenniejo wrote:The blu-rays that I ordered from the previous woot! 2+ weeks ago were shipped quickly, but I am still waiting for any news on Rudolph and Frosty.

Just received the remainder of my order today. Thanks woot (and woot associates).

patcarsonclarke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patcarsonclarke

How can you sell these movies without saying what version you are selling? Specifically, "Miracle on 34th Street" comes in several different versions, as does "A Christmas Carol." I would hate to order and get the wrong version.

Paleogirl2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paleogirl2003

Elf on Amazon ( both prime-eligible )

Blu-Ray $9.49
DVD $10.06

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

No Lethal Weapon?

Humbug.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

No Heat Miser?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ceagee

quality posts: 59 Private Messages ceagee
miken927 wrote:No Heat Miser?

love that one. haven't even seen it on tv lately...... anyone ?

djzings

My missing DVDs came today. Thank you.

drocpsu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drocpsu

Crap! Missed Home Alone on BluRay.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

$9.99 on Amazon for Miracle on 34th Street. (Both b/w and colorized version is on the disk.)

http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Street-Blu-ray-Maureen-OHara/dp/B0029XFNA8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355412026&sr=8-5&keywords=miracle+on+34th+street

twobuck40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twobuck40

you can ship these anytime!!!
i'd like for the kiddies to watch them before THIS Xmas NOT NEXT!!!!

inkycatz

twobuck40 wrote:you can ship these anytime!!!
i'd like for the kiddies to watch them before THIS Xmas NOT NEXT!!!!

We're looking into this and appreciate your patience. We know you want that holiday movie experience!

alaskanblacklab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alaskanblacklab

Not that this is breaking news or anything..but I found Elf (Blu-Ray version) for the same price at amazon. Found it at eBay too.

RobKr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobKr
inkycatz wrote:We're looking into this and appreciate your patience. We know you want that holiday movie experience!

Can we get an update on this? My order still doesn't show as shipped a week later - and that seems odd.

drxo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drxo
RobKr wrote:Can we get an update on this? My order still doesn't show as shipped a week later - and that seems odd.

Hmmmm... wonder if they really fixed the issue, as claimed above. Or if Woot will do business with them again...

The Doc

inkycatz

RobKr wrote:Can we get an update on this? My order still doesn't show as shipped a week later - and that seems odd.

Looking into this, we're so sorry this is happening still to you!

drxo

Woohoo! Mine shipped about 36 hours ago and is due in by Saturday. Thank you Christmas Spirits, you have done it by Christmas Day! God bless us, every one. Wait, wrong movie... Baby, It's Cold Outside?

The Doc

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

alaskanblacklab wrote:Not that this is breaking news or anything..but I found Elf (Blu-Ray version) for the same price at amazon. Found it at eBay too.

whenever you find a lower price on amazon or another ecommerce site, please post links so we can do an apples-to-apples comparison. it helps us when we talk to higher-ups about a price match.

however, if you find a lower price on ebay, we pretty much are gonna ignore that. i mean, that's like saying, "i saw this available for a lower price at a garage sale."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

drxo wrote:Woohoo! Mine shipped about 36 hours ago and is due in by Saturday. Thank you Christmas Spirits, you have done it by Christmas Day! God bless us, every one. Wait, wrong movie... Baby, It's Cold Outside?

it's might ACTUALLY be a christmas miracle!!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

RobKr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobKr
inkycatz wrote:Looking into this, we're so sorry this is happening still to you!

Just got the email saying it had shipped. Turns out is shipped the 18th and should be delivered today or tomorrow. Thanks!

drxo

PemberDucky wrote:it's might ACTUALLY be a christmas miracle!!

Epic fail by the ghost of Christmas present - what was originally marked "ETA 12/22" is now unmarked ETA and only halfway here. Meanwhile, the not-for-Xmas item I nabbed off eBay late Thursday (12/20) got here today (12/24) from the other coast, by USPS. Score one for the postman!

The Doc