2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Bummer! I thought these were some nice looking binoculars. Oh well, off to sport.woot....

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

mrwes68

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrwes68

I was impressed with the sound quality on these speakers. They don't look like much but they produce a deep rich sound. They are static free as long as you are within thirty feet or so....Does anyone know if you can use two of these at the same time to produce a more stereo effect in a room?

CaviMike

quality posts: 6 Private Messages CaviMike

Every time I see this thing I think it's binoculars.

Personal info is personal.

steveaskins

quality posts: 3 Private Messages steveaskins

I bought a set of these for my wife last time they were on woot as she'd been wanting a set of bluetooth speakers for quite some time. Let me just say that the sound quality on these is BUH-ROO-TAL and the range does go being 30 feet. Needless to say, I just woke up at 4 am to pee, checked woot on my phone, saw these babies for sale again, and immediately bought another. This price is unbeatable.

One last thought: EARGASM

tssmyth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tssmyth

I bought two of these the last time Woot had them - quite recently - have had them for a bout a month or so. I kept one for myself and gave one as a gift. The Bluetooth connectivity works well. The sound quality is quite good for its size and portability.

andymnelson

quality posts: 3 Private Messages andymnelson

Question for those that own these: will an iPad auto-connect to this once paired with it? I have a different Bluetooth speaker that I use at work- I take my ipad out to the shop fairly often, and every time I return I have to go into settings->Bluetooth and select the speaker to connect to it. Annoying!

jjkimball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjkimball

In for 1 need something like this for the kitchen.

philwoot2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philwoot2000

Anyone know how these compare to the Creative D100 bluetooth sound system, which amazon sells for $50 ? Which sound better?

sacjeanie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sacjeanie
andymnelson wrote:Question for those that own these: will an iPad auto-connect to this once paired with it? I have a different Bluetooth speaker that I use at work- I take my ipad out to the shop fairly often, and every time I return I have to go into settings->Bluetooth and select the speaker to connect to it. Annoying!

My iPad connects each time. As long as the power is on to the speaker, it will connect. I really like the sound. I listen to them in the kitchen while cooking/baking. I find it is best to position the speakers towards you for a crisp sound. I've spent more on less quality, so I'm pleased. I also like that I can sit my iPad on top of the device and it doesn't interfere with the sound.

madfrisbee

quality posts: 6 Private Messages madfrisbee

So, on that Eton product video... I guess they paid a bunch of attractive twentysomethings to "Uh, y'know, just sorta act like you're blown away by how cool and sexy this speaker thingy is, and then flirt with each other. ...and flirt with the speaker, too. Yeah. Also, dance at the end here. But dance awkwardly."

sacjeanie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sacjeanie

I also must say, that handle is very convenient and makes the speakers well balanced when carrying. Kind of reminds you of the old boom box days, but better.

mdfiasco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdfiasco

I started watching "Clueless" yesterday..turned out it was the promo video for the Eton Rukus Bluetooth Sound System. As if!

dvalmont

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dvalmont

Purchased one for my many Bluetooth devices last time around and quite happy with it.
Pairs very easily, sounds great and looks cool.
Haven't tried running on battery yet.

sagce

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sagce

Almost had me - not equipped with internal rechargable power source - thanks but no thanks -

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Your new Etón Rukus can only get better with 3 MONTHS of FREE music with access to MOG ($30 value). Access code is provided in the box for the primo listening package

martyg111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martyg111

I travel a lot for work, so I bought one of these to listen to music and audio books in my hotel room. I love it! The quality of sound at low volumes needed to respect my neighbors is great! I bought the glowing green color so I can easily spot it left behind as I dash off to another adventure.

Phillystyle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle
mrwes68 wrote:I was impressed with the sound quality on these speakers. They don't look like much but they produce a deep rich sound. They are static free as long as you are within thirty feet or so....Does anyone know if you can use two of these at the same time to produce a more stereo effect in a room?

To the question of whether or not you can get two of these working in sync; my experience with other devices is a negative. For instance I've tried pairing up two sets of Bluetooth headsets with my phone so my girlfriend and I could listen to the same thing while we are walking and that was a no-go because the phone wouldn't connect to two sets of headsets at the same time. It would drop one to play through the other. This might not be a universal condition but it seems like it would be a limitation in the device sending the signal vs. the speakers (or headsets in my case) themselves.

jaedendak

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jaedendak

Why is it that frequency response specifications are never posted for speakers? I'd think that might be important. Usually if I see a speaker up for sale and those specs are missing, it means the sound quality is not that great. Anyone know what the FR for these is?

doferty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doferty

That's all I needed to know. I'm out...

sagce wrote:Almost had me - not equipped with internal rechargable power source - thanks but no thanks -

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234
sagce wrote:Almost had me - not equipped with internal rechargable power source - thanks but no thanks -

But then when the internal battery wears out it may be difficult to replace that battery pack with difficulty of opening up the device and if the pack is proprietary. It makes more sense to just get some AA NiMH rechargeables.

karadi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages karadi

Outlanders! Mutants! Guns! !! Double Outlanders! Mutants! Guns! !! :-)

Last Wooter to Woot:
karadi

mysticjuggalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysticjuggalo

Woza Batman already received mine today. Thanks WOOT!!

battmutler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages battmutler

I've been able to pair this guy with my iDevice with no problems, but I can't get it paired with my Windows 7 desktop - looks like a driver issue. Anyone know how to get around this?