2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

aerios01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aerios01

updatable to 4.1 instructions are given in download tab. http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_TF300T/#download

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 505 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It's not exactly obvious so here are your choices:

32GB with Mobile Dock. < SOLD OUT
32GB without Mobile Dock
16GB without Mobile Dock

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
aerios01 wrote:updatable to 4.1 instructions are given in download tab. http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_TF300T/#download

It is automatic on this tablet. (update to 4.1 Jelly Bean))

If you have missed the sales on this tablet up to this point, try not to miss now. This is an excellent deal on a top flight tablet.

AutobahnSHO

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AutobahnSHO

I hate you woot! I would love the TF300 but my TF101 is going great so I can't just go spend the money!!!!!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 715 Private Messages CowboyDann

thunderthighs I'm sleepy, what ever happened to the good old days when woot would crash for about 3 hours in the middle of the night and i could set wootalyzer to turn on an alarm when it comes back?

I need those naps, I've only got 5 hours sleep in the last 2 days

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

This is a very low price for a tablet/laptop, and very portable to boot. Might be a good argument for people who are trying to buy tablets...

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

teslaian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teslaian

I bought one of these from this site a few weeks ago. EXCELLENT product. I just purchased one for my mother.

ThunderThighs

Staff

CowboyDann wrote:thunderthighs I'm sleepy, what ever happened to the good old days when woot would crash for about 3 hours in the middle of the night and i could set wootalyzer to turn on an alarm when it comes back?

I need those naps, I've only got 5 hours sleep in the last 2 days

Silly bosses didn't approve of the site crashes. Go figure.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 715 Private Messages CowboyDann
ThunderThighs wrote:Silly bosses didn't approve of the site crashes. Go figure.

I feel kind of silly because I just now realized only vanilla woot is still wootingoff.

Anyways. Who wants a video?

Ho-Ho-Holy C.H.U.D.! it's 10 minutes long!

DrPhantum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrPhantum

My wife has wanted an iPad, or one of those new Microsoft tablets with the "clicky keyboard..." But I being an avid Android fan, bought her the 16GB tablet when woot had it a few weeks ago (I know what's best for her, of course)

When setting it up, I was sooo jealous, but justified that it was OK because I'd want at least 32GB of internal space.

Well... now I have it!

crzycajn70

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crzycajn70

I ordered the 16GB during the Woot Off. Now I see the 32 with dock for a few bucks more. The 16GB hasn't shipped yet. Any chance I can cancel that order and replace it with this one?

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

ThunderThighs

Staff

crzycajn70 wrote:I ordered the 16GB during the Woot Off. Now I see the 32 with dock for a few bucks more. The 16GB hasn't shipped yet. Any chance I can cancel that order and replace it with this one?

Probably not. We release orders for processing multiple times throughout the day so it's likely released. You can order this and ask for an RMA on the other one or refuse the delivery. You'll have funds tied up for a couple weeks though waiting for the refund.

There's also the fact that woot-offs generate a ton of email for CS.

formerglorydesigns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages formerglorydesigns

Already have an iPad 3 and Nexus 7 HSPA+…

OK, I'm in for one. Ordered, 32GB w/ dock. Let's see if this is better than the Nexus 7.

crzycajn70

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crzycajn70
ThunderThighs wrote:Probably not. We release orders for processing multiple times throughout the day so it's likely released. You can order this and ask for an RMA on the other one or refuse the delivery. You'll have funds tied up for a couple weeks though waiting for the refund.

No worries.I ordered the 32 w/dock. I'm sure I can sell the 16. Thanks for the info!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

doctapibbs88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctapibbs88

If you purchase this, I highly recommend checking to see that the screen is totally responsive.

Go to:
Settings>Developer Options>Show touches

I purchased the 16GB from here one week ago for $250. Great deal and seemed to be good as new until I noticed an entire area of the screen was unresponsive to my touches. Customer service responded quickly and paid for FedEx for me to return it to them. I'll be returning it tomorrow.
In the meantime I ordered a USED 32 GB TF300 from Amazon earlier today. Literally minutes after it shipped I noticed this deal, and purchased this one, too. I will be returning the Amazon one. You really can't beat this deal (as long as the REFURB works this time)

formerglorydesigns

crzycajn70 wrote:No worries.I ordered the 32 w/dock. I'm sure I can sell the 16. Thanks for the info!

Lovely thing about woot is that if I don't want something I bought I can always break even selling it off on eBay or local CL. A little more work, but at least it's something.

derekm117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekm117
formerglorydesigns wrote:Already have an iPad 3 and Nexus 7 HSPA+…

OK, I'm in for one. Ordered, 32GB w/ dock. Let's see if this is better than the Nexus 7.

I too have a Nexus 7 and I tried one of these out some time ago. I found myself actively having to think about which tablet to use. It was less about what worked better and more about giving both tablets attention. Like they were cats or something.

Anyway, if you type a bunch on your tablet, you'll enjoy the TF300. If you're more of a reader, stick with your Nexus. Speed in everyday usage was comparable in my opinion, with the Nexus handling some things just a wee bit better. Your mileage may vary.

fayen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fayen

Not a bad deal, but GameStop's running a deal on the 32GB (sans keyboard) and 7 games pre-loaded for $299 in new condition this week, so I'll pass.

[MOD: Not available in stores. Shipping to me was $10.99.]

gangadhar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gangadhar

I bought the 16GB version with dock when it is in Woot. I recommend not to buy the dock because there are many people (check amazon and transformer forums) reporting cracked screen while using the dock. the hinge in the dock is very tight and and the tablet display panel is not strong, when you close the tablet while in dock mode you will apply pressure on the bottom of the screen and when you open it again you will see a cracked screen.

The tablet is fine if you handle it like an egg. but if you want to handle it little bit ruff the screen may not last. I personally tried it and found really fragile and the keyboard dock is useless with this model, other models of transformer are built stronger than this one with gorilla glass and stuff.

gangadhar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gangadhar

I do not recommend the keyboard dock with this model transformer pad. The build quality is not good enough to handle the dock.

formerglorydesigns

derekm117 wrote:I too have a Nexus 7 and I tried one of these out some time ago. I found myself actively having to think about which tablet to use. It was less about what worked better and more about giving both tablets attention. Like they were cats or something.

Anyway, if you type a bunch on your tablet, you'll enjoy the TF300. If you're more of a reader, stick with your Nexus. Speed in everyday usage was comparable in my opinion, with the Nexus handling some things just a wee bit better. Your mileage may vary.

I already carry around a 15" laptop, an iPad, and my N7 in my backpack on a daily basis. It would be nice to be able to leave the laptop at home, and maybe even the iPad (I use it for PDFs mostly, which iOS is far better at than Android, IMO).

That's why I got the keyboard dock with it, so I could try using this as a netbook of sorts.

degeneration

quality posts: 0 Private Messages degeneration
formerglorydesigns wrote:I already carry around a 15" laptop, an iPad, and my N7 in my backpack on a daily basis. It would be nice to be able to leave the laptop at home, and maybe even the iPad (I use it for PDFs mostly, which iOS is far better at than Android, IMO).

That's why I got the keyboard dock with it, so I could try using this as a netbook of sorts.

I use my TF101 for college as it is, but it's getting kinda sluggish. I was looking at getting a Nexus 10, but how can I pass up this deal? I can always sell it later.

I will say, to replace a laptop with a tablet you will have to learn new ways to do old tasks sometimes. It's usually not a big issue, but it can be slightly annoying how round about some solutions are.

VeeRay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeeRay

Owners of this tablet - do you think that it requires a sleeve for protection if one is going to travel with it? I ordered it with the dock, and am curious if that's enough / any protection.

If you think it does require a sleeve, any suggestions for one that fits the tablet + dock? Thanks!

thelastredeemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelastredeemer

Damn it Woot, you tempted me thrice!

alextse

quality posts: 21 Private Messages alextse

Oh so tempted. Really want a relatively future proof Android tablet with dock as a lightweight laptop replacement. Pricing on this deal is pretty good. But I think I'll wait for the next generation Transformer or the rumored Samsung. Really had to think about it though.

eggnog512

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggnog512

I pulled the trigger before they disappeared, but it looks like you can get a new 32gb tablet and a dock from newegg for 350$.
FYI. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230394

[MOD: That's the Transformer only. With the dock is $449.]

sharsharu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharsharu
eggnog512 wrote:I pulled the trigger before they disappeared, but it looks like you can get a new 32gb tablet and a dock from newegg for 350$.
FYI. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230394

Look again, with the dock the price is $450. I got the TF300T with dock reburb when it came around Thanksgiving weekend. No complaints so far, but then again I bought it for a gift and haven't used everything on it.

shoulda2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shoulda2

I love my Asus tablet, mine is the tf101 which is the older version but there are more similarities than differences. I would recommend getting some sort of sleeve to protect it, as I dropped mine and it chipped the plastic edges pretty bad (all cosmetic but meh..)

There are things I love about the dock like usb ports (to charge things, or move large files), a full size sd reader, etc. I often charge my dock (can charge it without it being connected to tablet) and can use my tablet wire free, and then when I get in the car, or go walk somewhere I can toss the dock on there to charge the tablet on the go.

All in all no regrets aside from that I do have to restart it about once a week to clear out what I would gather are apps with memory leaks, but that's not too much of a hassle.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bookofjoshua

Woot! should start a lay-a-way program

babalou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages babalou
VeeRay wrote:Owners of this tablet - do you think that it requires a sleeve for protection if one is going to travel with it? I ordered it with the dock, and am curious if that's enough / any protection.

If you think it does require a sleeve, any suggestions for one that fits the tablet + dock? Thanks!

I got the tablet-dock combo a few weeks ago and am still in love with it. I purchased this from Amazon and couldn't be more happier. Lots of protection and usable with the case on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZE257U

Enjoy!

Zavelin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zavelin

ATTENTION TO THOSE WHO WISH TO ROOT THEIR TABLET:

DO NOT UPDATE THE TABLET UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE ROOTED!

Not a big deal for everyone, but for those who enjoy the benefits of rooted/jailbroken devices, I repeat: do not install the OTA (Over The Air) Jellybean update until you have rooted your tablet.

Once your tablet has connected to the internet, the Jellybean update will download, and you will be prompted to install it.

Unfortunately, the Android rooting community has been unable to find a way to root the TF300 once Jellybean has already been installed. In order to root after the Jellybean update has already been installed, you must use ASUS "Unlock Device" app. Once you agree to the terms of the agreement, ASUS will automatically receive the credentials (serial number, etc.) of your tablet or device. From then on, no matter what issue you have with the device (cracked screen, spontaneous combustion, etc.), ASUS will refuse to service the device at all.

However, if you root before updating to Jellybean, you can just reflash the device with the stock ROM, and you'll be good to go for warranty repairs and such.

bookmonkey786

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bookmonkey786

I'm loving mine. Haven't been using it with the dock that much but it looks to be as good as a similar sized laptop for most stuff. It takes some getting used to considering it effectively a whole different operating system but you should get the basics immediately.

As to the cases its a matter of protection it depends how you use it. If you intend on using just the tablet then there's a allot of great case options but is you intend to use take it in and out of the dock dock then a case might be a hassle. In that case a sleeve might be your best bet. I like a case for s slightly larger laptop it lets me put a standard folder in the sleeve to act as a divider to keep it from bouncing against the dock.

Edit: one more thing i recommend Screen Touch Test from Google play it marks dots where you touch letting you see if any areas are broken.

anangphatak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anangphatak

Have you run out of Mobile Dock? Doesn't let me select "With Mobile Dock"?

ThunderThighs wrote:Probably not. We release orders for processing multiple times throughout the day so it's likely released. You can order this and ask for an RMA on the other one or refuse the delivery. You'll have funds tied up for a couple weeks though waiting for the refund.

ThunderThighs

Staff

anangphatak wrote:Have you run out of Mobile Dock? Doesn't let me select "With Mobile Dock"?

The one with the Mobile Dock is sold out. The two remaining and available options are:

32GB without Mobile Dock
16GB without Mobile Dock

Woody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Woody

Got one of these with the dock for myself a while back. It works flawlessly. In for one for X-mas. I hope it arrives in time!

mikesmithfl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikesmithfl
ThunderThighs wrote:The one with the Mobile Dock is sold out. The two remaining and available options are:

32GB without Mobile Dock
16GB without Mobile Dock

Is there some way to find out if an order actually went through? My CC company triggered a fraud alert when I tried to order one earlier with the dock & 32GB. I didn't find out 'til later what whas happening - it just said the thing was declined. aaagghh! (keeping fingers crossed)

resalter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages resalter

Perhaps woot could sell the docks only for those of us who purchased an Asus tablet without the dock? Maybe for $45 to make it comparable to the 16GB w/ dock? And send out an email to all those who purchased a tablet without a dock on tech.woot, like myself? Had I not bought my tablet without a dock a week or two ago on woot, I would have jumped on this deal an hour and a half ago for the 32GB w/ dock.

ThunderThighs wrote:The one with the Mobile Dock is sold out. The two remaining and available options are:

32GB without Mobile Dock
16GB without Mobile Dock

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere
babalou wrote:I got the tablet-dock combo a few weeks ago and am still in love with it. I purchased this from Amazon and couldn't be more happier. Lots of protection and usable with the case on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZE257U

Enjoy!

Wow! That is a super cool case. I wish I had seen it before I bought my Bobj case (which is great). Sigh - more shopping.

dkim11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dkim11
AutobahnSHO wrote:I hate you woot! I would love the TF300 but my TF101 is going great so I can't just go spend the money!!!!!

consider yourself lucky... from what i read online from many reviewers is the issue of cracked screens due to the docking port imparting pressure against the screen. im glad i didn't purchase this. don't need to risk buying a 350buck paperweight.