WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

iRig Studio Gear

Listen, maybe indie pop group Mumford And Sons started their music career humbly recording on their own jury-rigged iRig studio. Probably not, but it COULD have happened. And you want to be like Mumford and Sons, right? Oh, you don't? Then the Beatles got their start on an iRig. Listen, what lies are we going to have to tell you to get you to buy this stuff? 
iRig official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Do you have a desktop stand for your ipad, or questions about any of this gear? Post them here!

I'm just hanging out, really.

countdown

quality posts: 13 Private Messages countdown

Would this stuff not work on any smart device that has a 3.5mm phone connector jack? (the jack which includes a mic input, technically called TRRS).

fredges

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredges

Oh man, I want this... So perfect to hook up to my giant Mackie powered speakers, and rock the Christmas party, yo! This would allow me to hook up the iPad AND iPhone up to my mixer, where my Powerbook is connected already, through one channel! PERFECT for me!!!

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge

No love for the Android?

fredges

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredges

countdown

quality posts: 13 Private Messages countdown
takethemeatbridge wrote:No love for the Android?

That is more or less what I was trying to get at with my question above. IMHO these would work with androids since it all appears to use the 3.5mm jack, and not the 30-pin Apple connector.

As far as I know the 3.5mm jacks function pretty much the same between iPhones and most android smartphones. The one problem is there will probably be a little less guidance on apps and these tools won't have been tested against the apps on android. But there should still be plenty available to play with.

Don't take my word for it though, that is just based on what I see in the pictures and the limited knowledge I have of smartphones. I haven't even bothered checking for apps yet, which is something you might want to do if you are planning on getting something.

Would be very nice if some woot researchers, or a manufacturer representative could clarify this...

karynm8621

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karynm8621
countdown wrote:That is more or less what I was trying to get at with my question above. IMHO these would work with androids since it all appears to use the 3.5mm jack, and not the 30-pin Apple connector.

As far as I know the 3.5mm jacks function pretty much the same between iPhones and most android smartphones. The one problem is there will probably be a little less guidance on apps and these tools won't have been tested against the apps on android. But there should still be plenty available to play with.

Don't take my word for it though, that is just based on what I see in the pictures and the limited knowledge I have of smartphones. I haven't even bothered checking for apps yet, which is something you might want to do if you are planning on getting something.

Would be very nice if some woot researchers, or a manufacturer representative could clarify this...

I have this for recording guitar. Honestly they make a better 30 pin connector that tirns the audio digital instead of recording analog.

mmaag13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmaag13

Help... I bought the irig mic to plug into my ipad. I need it to dictate notes at work, but it doesn't work? Anyone can help? I have the newest ipad, and I am trying to over ride the ipad mic?
Yeah, I am tech stupid...help?

TheDesi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TheDesi

Are the apps that come with the mixer the full version? Lite version? or a limited trail period version that deactivates after 14-30 days?

Actually a few of these products come with apps, so the same question applies.

kvrbm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kvrbm

I bought ipad mic-stand mount the last time it was on Woot!
Holds the ipad fine, but is kind of difficult to get on and off of the mic stand itself. If the arms folded in or something I guess I could just leave it attached but if you are taking your mic stand with you in the back of your car, you have to always unattach it from the mic-stand which is annoying. Just as easy for me as putting my ipad on a music stand at that point so I don't think it'll be seeing much use.