Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bmrbill

quality posts: 121 Private Messages bmrbill

Image ONE review.

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222

will this work with an ipad...in other words does it have only one 3.5 plug incompising both spkrs and mike...or does it use a separate plug for each???

shaun40555

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shaun40555

Can this work with droids? I know my droid phones with control work with ipods.

bmrbill

quality posts: 121 Private Messages bmrbill
stevef2222 wrote:will this work with an ipad...in other words does it have only one 3.5 plug incompising both spkrs and mike...or does it use a separate plug for each???

From the review above:

Compatibility

The Klipsch Image ONE was built with Apple’s portable media players in mind, namely the iPod, iPad and iPhone. The following lists show which devices make use of the Image ONE’s features:

Remote & Mic
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPod Nano (4th and 5th Gen.)
iPod Classic (120GB)
iPod Touch (2nd Gen.)
Macbook, Macbook Pro and Mac Pro (2009 Models)
iPad

Remote Only
iPod Shuffle (3rd Gen.) – Requires latest iPod software

Audio
All iPod models

Mic & Call/Music Button – Not Volume Control
iPhone (1st Gen. & 3G)

highonpez

quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez

Half price from the mothership and stellar reviews. This one's a winner.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 504 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PAY ATTENTION TO SHIPPING!!!

Note that if you want it in time for Christmas, you must choose

TWO-DAY SHIPPING

NOTE: Not available to all areas and/or orders. Our system checks with FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) and if the order can't be fulfilled in time, the expedited shipping is denied. Sorry.

dbdigital

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dbdigital

I happened to listen to a pair of these @ local Best Buy. On sale for $99.99 ($50 off Retail). I really liked the sound for the $$. I think the cord is a bit flimsy though, but for a portable device they play very loudly which many headphones do not. Definitely built for portable device impedance.

Now...on a refurb headphone, what about the pads being 100% new vs. partially used???

JCShumpert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JCShumpert
stevef2222 wrote:will this work with an ipad...in other words does it have only one 3.5 plug incompising both spkrs and mike...or does it use a separate plug for each???

There is one 3.5mm plug so this will work fine with iPads. I didn't check specific models, but I assume the play/pause and volume controls work on all iPads.

shaun40555 wrote:Can this work with droids? I know my droid phones with control work with ipods.

You can use this with android phones, but the on-headphone volume controls will not work. You can still use the play/pause button to play/pause music and to answer and end calls. You will have to control the volume using your phone's volume controls though.

dkowal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dkowal

how do these compare to Bose noise canceling?

dak970

dbdigital

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dbdigital
dkowal wrote:how do these compare to Bose noise canceling?

These are NOT Noise Canceling, but they do a decent job of isolation. To me, Bose are overpriced and really have a "mushy" sound.

At high volumes, these can bleed out just wee bit (if that matters to you!).

They have very FIRM bass, not overly pushed like Beats, but a solid bass with great mids and highs as well.

Really a solid sounding headphone for the $$ IMHO.

I tested these today and am deciding $69 for refurb or $99 for new (w/ 2 year warranty) vs. 90 day on refurb...

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222
bmrbill wrote:From the review above:

Compatibility

The Klipsch Image ONE was built with Apple’s portable media players in mind, namely the iPod, iPad and iPhone. The following lists show which devices make use of the Image ONE’s features:

Remote & Mic
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPod Nano (4th and 5th Gen.)
iPod Classic (120GB)
iPod Touch (2nd Gen.)
Macbook, Macbook Pro and Mac Pro (2009 Models)
iPad

Remote Only
iPod Shuffle (3rd Gen.) – Requires latest iPod software

Audio
All iPod models

Mic & Call/Music Button – Not Volume Control
iPhone (1st Gen. & 3G)

thanks;-)

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
highonpez wrote:Half price from the mothership and stellar reviews. This one's a winner.

Was down to $79.08 "new" on the mothership before.

DigitalDaredevil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DigitalDaredevil

I own a pair of these. They are my go to headphones. I have the Klipsch M40 headphones and the Klipsch X10's. These are better than the M40's but they are not noise cancelling. They do a good job of keeping sound out. I compared them to a friend's Beats. We both agreed that the bass was still thumpy and had a clearer bass than the bass heavy Beats.
For the price, they are worth it. They are better than headphones twice the price.

roycee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages roycee

I have the Reference Series version of these, and they work fine with my android. I have to adjust volume from the phone instead of the inline controls, but the headphones are awesome.

One pet peeve...why is Sony the only manufacturer that puts a full 90 degree connector on the plug? The straight plugs seem more vulnerable.

tmarrr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tmarrr

These were my favorite headphones I had until my dad vacuum'd up the cord and broke em.

Sound is incredible (for the money). I'd buy this one but its refurbished, and I'm way too germafobic to buy used headphones.

dkowal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dkowal

how important is noise canceling capability ?

dak970

DigitalDaredevil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DigitalDaredevil

Noise Cancelling is beneficial on a plane, train, loud car, or noisy environment. It allows you to hear the audio much clearer. Personally, I have both kinds and find myself happy with the Image One's over my Klipsch Noise Cancelling headphones.

dkowal wrote:how important is noise canceling capability ?

nvgck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nvgck

I used to own these before moving up to the Reference One's because I wanted the extra bass. I would highly, highly, highly recommend these. As previous wooters have said the bass is extremely pronounced with significant thump while maintaining excellent clarity in the mids and the highs. Inner fidelity has a datasheet here:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/KlipschImageOneB.pdf

ParadisePete

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ParadisePete

It is of course Memento, as in a keepsake or reminder, not "Momento," as in (I'm guessing) one of the lesser-known super heroes. That's all I have to say.

gator5000e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gator5000e

Does anyone have an opinion how they would sound for listening to dialogue based material such as movies and tv shows through a Kindle Fire? I only ask cause the review indicated the bass was emphasized and the mids toned down a bit so I was wondering if dialogue would suffer. Thanks for any thoughts.

csmajor20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csmajor20

Why is the tax different when you cycle through the shipping options? Is the cost of shipping taxed too?

chriscclark01

quality posts: 23 Private Messages chriscclark01

I've owned a pair of these for a little over a year now. Highly recommend them.

chriscclark01

quality posts: 23 Private Messages chriscclark01
csmajor20 wrote:Why is the tax different when you cycle through the shipping options? Is the cost of shipping taxed too?

Depends on the laws for your state, but in many states, yes, sales tax is charged on the shipping when the buyer pays for it.

ogdenduner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ogdenduner

Anyone know if these are compatible as Gaming Headphones for use with XBOX 360?

viper1968

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viper1968

I got my refurbs about a year ago from Amazon for around $30 - the sound is great. My son got his at the same time BRAND NEW for $79, same place!

jnuwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnuwoot

I am trying to get 2 day shipping and it is says this product is ineligible.

graupel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graupel

I own these and love them, and am re-gifting a pair of unopened Beats Solo HD rather than switching from that, to these.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 504 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jnuwoot wrote:I am trying to get 2 day shipping and it is says this product is ineligible.

I'm sorry. Our system checks with the FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse nearest you and if it can't fulfill it in time, it won't process expedited shipping. Same for me.

You might try later in the day. Right now, it's a tight window to meet the shipping deadline for two-day which is about 11am Central. Once that passes, it may work since they'll have 24 hours before the next deadline.

No promises but it's worth a try.

bbowie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbowie

I bought a pair of these from Amazon earlier in the year for $89, and they are great. I find them far better than Beats or Bose. They work great on my Macbook, iPhone, and iPad.

djrmsn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages djrmsn

I bought these at Big Box for $149 and went on an airplane to give the true test - of hearing over the engine roar while also not having my seating partner hear my movie or songs. These are probably refurbs that are and were PERFECT. I was so angry that I could not hear Downton Abbey that I was ready to return them when I discovered ....(wait for it) ... that my iPAD settings had max volume set!!! Once I fixed my OWN problems I discovered these headphones - with volume control and mute on the wire - are SOOOOO worth it. $69.00 is like half price!!! Come in a nice zip box too. P.S. Don't leave on the seat or in the magazine pouch.

dsschnau

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dsschnau

How comfortable are these headphones?

I'm currenly using a pair of Sennheiser HD-280s, which have a nice sound. However my ears are shaped oddly and they end up hurting after an hour or two of action.

bluemaple

quality posts: 64 Private Messages bluemaple

To compare the sound of these to BOSE does them a disservice. BOSE sells a lot of stuff because they market like Proctor & Gamble. But high quality sound? Please.

You won't likely find a single source to do a comparison listen, but if you could you'd immediately hear the difference. And unfortunately for BOSE, their sound gets more tiresome after you've lived with them for a while.

If you love BOSE then ignore the above - you're a lost cause, victim of their marketing, or do not possess discriminating listening. 'Sound' is typically personal, but not in this comparison.

darthpapercut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darthpapercut
dsschnau wrote:How comfortable are these headphones?

I'm currenly using a pair of Sennheiser HD-280s, which have a nice sound. However my ears are shaped oddly and they end up hurting after an hour or two of action.

I’m looking at your avatar and you are correct, your ears are shaped oddly. :þ

I have a big head and I wear these headphones for hours at a time at work without issue.

powerbadger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerbadger

Not buying because description says Momento instead of Memento.

Haha, just kidding. Not buying because if a company can't be bothered to put at least a year warranty on a product, they obviously don't think it will last. Why would I?

crazykid1801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazykid1801

Wearing these right now! Love these headphones so much! I just wish the controls and microphone worked better (or at all in the microphones case) with my Galaxy SIII.

bstu185

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bstu185
crazykid1801 wrote:Wearing these right now! Love these headphones so much! I just wish the controls and microphone worked better (or at all in the microphones case) with my Galaxy SIII.

Having a working mic is a must for me. What is the problem with the mic with your Android phone?

nmanx62

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nmanx62
ogdenduner wrote:Anyone know if these are compatible as Gaming Headphones for use with XBOX 360?

While you could listen to xBox, if the connectors are the same, but you'd need a separate microphone to chat.

Edit: I didn't see the mic and remote in the Specs. I don't own an xBox, and they don't show the connectors, but I think the case image onthe woot page shows extra tips.

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but What length is the cable on this unit?

Thanks.

pixelatedtea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pixelatedtea

How are these versus the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's?