WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

All Kinds of Wireless Crap

Live in fear of wires no longer! All the stuff for sale in here won't tangle up your home with unsightly cords.

Piratesmoker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Piratesmoker

I always wanted an eye-fi card, but I could never justify the price. $20 seemed hard to pass up, luckily I looked into it a little.

Neither of these cards will upload RAW images, they will only do jpeg. What a rip.

marbaulo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marbaulo
Piratesmoker wrote:I always wanted an eye-fi card, but I could never justify the price. $20 seemed hard to pass up, luckily I looked into it a little.

Neither of these cards will upload RAW images, they will only do jpeg. What a rip.

The specs on this site and others specifically state they handle RAW, jpeg, and video - where did you find your info?

haydesigner

quality posts: 14 Private Messages haydesigner
Piratesmoker wrote:I always wanted an eye-fi card, but I could never justify the price. $20 seemed hard to pass up, luckily I looked into it a little.

If you are shooting RAW, you likely don't want a Class 6 card anyway.

thejenee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejenee

As noted in the descriptions:

The Eye-Fi 8GB Pro handles RAW ("Stream your workflow with RAW photo uploads").

The 4GB doesn't handle RAW ("Upload JPEG photos & videos fast through your home Wi-Fi network thanks to built-in 802.11n speed").

swhall05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swhall05

I hope the JVC Wireless Headphones upload in RAW. I do NOT like jpg audio.

bdg146psu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdg146psu

has anyone tried the Philips antenna? I need one, and don't feel like crawling up on the roof to install one. I'm hoping I can get away with an indoor antenna. Is this one worth a shot?

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom

If the price of a decent internet radio were cut in half again, I might buy one. But it would need to be able to pre-buffer about 10 minutes of sound so it doesn't become jerky radio.

Sora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sora
gjbloom wrote:If the price of a decent internet radio were cut in half again, I might buy one. But it would need to be able to pre-buffer about 10 minutes of sound so it doesn't become jerky radio.

Is this a known problem with the Grace?

Also, does anyone know if the Grace can stream music from a NAS drive?

njkatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz
gjbloom wrote:If the price of a decent internet radio were cut in half again, I might buy one. But it would need to be able to pre-buffer about 10 minutes of sound so it doesn't become jerky radio.

I have a Grace Internet device that is like a tuner that connects to the stereo directly so you can play through the sound system. Decent device, but I don't know about it working with a NAS drive.
It does seem to buffer enough that most stations play without interruptions.

Nick

bhadams2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhadams2
bdg146psu wrote:has anyone tried the Philips antenna? I need one, and don't feel like crawling up on the roof to install one. I'm hoping I can get away with an indoor antenna. Is this one worth a shot?

I have the exact same one that I'd paid $20 for at Wal-Mart a year ago. I use it on a HDTV down in the basement, and I get about 20 channels including a snowy, no audio QVC. I don't watch much HDTV via antenna, except for a local NBC, CBS and PBS channels when working out on the treadmill or if I need background noise.

rpmosby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rpmosby

In addition to Pandora and Sirius, I often listen to the local NPR station via their app as reception often bad. Will the Grace radio do this? Can I load audio books onto it?