WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Würkin Stiffs Wooden Cases

Wooden cases for Apple devices provide this cool blend between technology and the organic world. It's just like wrapping a battery in a piece of bacon. Or dipping a laptop in algae. Or setting up an ant farm inside your Kindle. Or soaking your DSLR camera in goat's blood. 
Würkin Stiffs official site

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Not only are these good looking but they provide some good solid protection for your device as well. Not bad for a good smack upside the head when needed either.

aphroat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aphroat

No Kindle covers, no Galaxy S3 covers, no Galaxy tab covers...

Talk about disenfranchisement.

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

Buy one of these in case you haven't already proven to all your friends you're "that" guy yet.

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wvutkep1002
ThunderThighs wrote:Not only are these good looking but they provide some good solid protection for your device as well. Not bad for a good smack upside the head when needed either.

Do these work with apple smart covers or not?

I just keep buying more and more crap...

jf12volt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jf12volt

Staff

These will not work with your smart cover.

wvutkep1002 wrote:Do these work with apple smart covers or not?

turtlegir1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages turtlegir1

Love this comment in the item's description:

"Your iWürk product's grain and coloring may vary from the photos you see here, because all trees are not the same"

Really, all trees are not the same? Who knew?

bpr2

quality posts: 175 Private Messages bpr2

Legal has to be very careful sometimes.

turtlegir1 wrote:Love this comment in the item's description:

"Your iWürk product's grain and coloring may vary from the photos you see here, because all trees are not the same"

Really, all trees are not the same? Who knew?

that was fun while it lasted!

efwolfcub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages efwolfcub

Nothing but apple cases and can't find them anywhere on the official website. Unforunate. Would jump on this in a heartbeat if they had one for my Note 2 or my Nook

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Turn you iphone and ipad into a cheese board...Cool

mamawoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mamawoot

I don't own ianything. When they make a cover for my kindle, let me know.

suprchunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suprchunk

I will stick to the better made grovemade.com products. These look like walmart knockoffs and they don't even have them listed on their site.

krazykoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazykoz

Is this where I come to cry that woot isn't offering something for MY device?

Woot should know what I want. Bah humbug, indeed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

krazykoz wrote:Is this where I come to cry that woot isn't offering something for MY device?

Woot should know what I want. Bah humbug, indeed.

I think we're now out of the Bah Humbug season and into dag-nabbit.

yellowhorse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowhorse

They're beautiful, but I need an Otterbox Defender or similar. I'd destroy this within a month.

kbajan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbajan
aphroat wrote:No Kindle covers, no Galaxy S3 covers, no Galaxy tab covers...

Talk about disenfranchisement.

After you've picked all the apples, old trees can be recycled to make covers. There are no Kindle or Galaxy trees. Only Apple trees.

draigun

quality posts: 17 Private Messages draigun

Ended up buying a bamboo case from Inspected Records a few months ago. I'm not sure of the brand, but I absolutely love both the look of it, and the feel of it in my hands. The case fits snugly over my iPhone 4, and my only real complaint is that the hole for the headphone jack is too small for most of the headphones I own. The case is really simple to put on, as it comes in two parts which you simply slide on to the device. Here's some pics of mine (the faint line you see just above the MMXI is where the two pieces are split, but it is barely noticeable):

Based on how much I love this case, I went ahead and grabbed the striped Walnut iPad case for good measure. Hopefully I'll be just as happy.

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem

Moustache inspected - very neat!

I *love* the look of these wooden cases but 1) first thing that came to mind was "cutting board" (aka. "butcher block"); 2) how water-resistant are they (e.g. for use while walking the dog in the rain)?; 3) how easily will they get marked up by errant pens and pencils?

draigun wrote:Ended up buying a bamboo case from Inspected Records a few months ago. I'm not sure of the brand, but I absolutely love both the look of it, and the feel of it in my hands. The case fits snugly over my iPhone 4, and my only real complaint is that the hole for the headphone jack is too small for most of the headphones I own. The case is really simple to put on, as it comes in two parts which you simply slide on to the device. Here's some pics of mine (the faint line you see just above the MMXI is where the two pieces are split, but it is barely noticeable):

Based on how much I love this case, I went ahead and grabbed the striped Walnut iPad case for good measure. Hopefully I'll be just as happy.

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

draigun

ariellem wrote:Moustache inspected - very neat!

I *love* the look of these wooden cases but 1) first thing that came to mind was "cutting board" (aka. "butcher block"); 2) how water-resistant are they (e.g. for use while walking the dog in the rain)?; 3) how easily will they get marked up by errant pens and pencils?

I honestly don't expect this to hold up to any elements, really. I seriously question TT's original "good solid protection" because I can see this splitting upon dropping it much more than I could my previous Otterbox.

It looks/feels great, the trade-off being that I don't really trust the protection too much. I take care of my devices, and I'd really not even like to try and find out how well it can hold up.

new4261

quality posts: 0 Private Messages new4261

Anybody tell me the correct way to assemble these? I was sent the wrong color and am hopefully getting a replacement but it seems much too small for my phone and I'm positive if I try to slide it on farther its going to shatter the case. help?

draigun

I received the wrong case. (Ordered the dark walnut with light stripes and got light walnut with dark stripes.)

This isn't the issue though, since I'm still pretty okay with the one I got. However, I had trouble putting my case on my iPad (3rd Gen) as well. I was finally able to get it on, but the wood was bowed a bit where the two pieces were supposed to meet. Also not a big deal.

Then I tried to plug in my charger. I'm either using the wrong one (like, for an iPhone or something) or they did not make the hole big enough to fit the charging cable. I ended up breaking my brand new cell phone this weekend and needed to use my iPad in order to look up repair shops, so it was necessary to take the case off so I could charge and use the iPad. This was pretty difficult, too. Inebriated, I tried to use a key to separate the pieces and scratched the back, which I can fix with wood fill, but I won't even try returning it.

It's not a bad case, but I just wanted to point these issues out in case these are ever on sale again in the future.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

draigun wrote:I received the wrong case. (Ordered the dark walnut with light stripes and got light walnut with dark stripes.)

This isn't the issue though, since I'm still pretty okay with the one I got. However, I had trouble putting my case on my iPad (3rd Gen) as well. I was finally able to get it on, but the wood was bowed a bit where the two pieces were supposed to meet. Also not a big deal.

Then I tried to plug in my charger. I'm either using the wrong one (like, for an iPhone or something) or they did not make the hole big enough to fit the charging cable. I ended up breaking my brand new cell phone this weekend and needed to use my iPad in order to look up repair shops, so it was necessary to take the case off so I could charge and use the iPad. This was pretty difficult, too. Inebriated, I tried to use a key to separate the pieces and scratched the back, which I can fix with wood fill, but I won't even try returning it.

It's not a bad case, but I just wanted to point these issues out in case these are ever on sale again in the future.

sorry you got the wrong one at the outset. :/
but thanks for sharing all the info. this is stuff worth noting.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

troyfkaplan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troyfkaplan

My case looked awesome but it broke and I only had it two weeks. It fell from my couch onto carpet...this is the first case I ever broke and I'm pretty upset about it.

Who can I complain to about the quality? The official website is not helpful

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 140 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

troyfkaplan wrote:My case looked awesome but it broke and I only had it two weeks. It fell from my couch onto carpet...this is the first case I ever broke and I'm pretty upset about it.

Who can I complain to about the quality? The official website is not helpful

Sorry for the late reply.
If you're having issues with the manufacturer, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know your circumstance. They'll be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your order.

ORDER CANCELLATION: now within 15 mins, click here for more details...
Need Some Help? Hit us up at support@woot.com
Have Any Questions? Check out Woot FAQ
Wanna Hear What's Going on All Things Woot? Swing by Our Blog

macky610

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macky610

Great looking case, but that's about all I can say positive. This thing is ridiculously delicate. Put it on, being as careful as I could - it cracked. Dropped it about a foot from a laundry basket to the floor, another crack (which turned into a break). Tried to pry it off to put my old case back on -- seem to need the jaws of life to get my iPod out. Save your money.