4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

hippie19

quality posts: 21 Private Messages hippie19

I was hoping for futuristic video binoculars, à la Luke on Hoth.

Can I have that instead?

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Those are some cool looking binoculars!

I'm actually debating getting something like this, or the Logitech Wirless Bluetooth Speaker Adapter. Perhaps fellow wooter's can help shed some light on this model.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Amazon only has three reviews. so no real consensus there.

They do have a solar powered model that is highly reviewed however. It looks very similar to this model except that it can be charged via solar.

computermd82

quality posts: 26 Private Messages computermd82

Found this review for the black version (same model otherwise), and it looks good.

Eton Review

I wonder if I could mount this on a bike? I've gone through 2 of these Tommyca systems, and it seems they've gone out of business..

Woot Shirts I Own!

"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

readymade

quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade

Don't go swimming with these, you'll attract hammerhead sharks looking for a date.

I got something better than luck.

dawnview

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dawnview

YouTube Review:

[MOD: Embedded the video for you]

newly wooted

Kosay1991

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kosay1991

I've had these before to supplement a laptop I used to have with questionable speaker quality and low volume.

Needless to say these speakers were fantastic indoors, whether it was listening to music or watching the latest episode of American dad they never disappointed. Good buy for the price if you're in the market for Bluetooth speakers.

Battery support is a nice touch too especially if you bought the sledload of batteries :p

K.A.G

MunkeyTX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MunkeyTX

Bought one pre-christmas for my Wife who is always running down her cell playing Pandora. Sound quality is friggin' amazing for a set of 'noculars! Can get ridiculously loud without distorting (thanks Iron Maiden!); definite buy!!

Nine11

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nine11

Or take it on a rocket ship, I'm sure ET and Wall*E would get a little curious

readymade wrote:Don't go swimming with these, you'll attract hammerhead sharks looking for a date.

mrmcfeely

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmcfeely

Hope you weren't one of the suckers that bought this same unit 19 days ago for $10 more

[looks sadly at two week old Rukus in kitchen]

au79

quality posts: 3 Private Messages au79

Exactly what I've been waiting for! Awesome!

rlp518

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rlp518

Two bluetooth audio devices in two days?! Thanks for the buyer's remorse, Woot! Can I exchange yesterday's Affinity Soundbox for this?!

obmijimbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obmijimbo

I use one of the Bluetooth adapters, and can tell you that the convenience to let you use an existing speaker or stereo is great, and connectivity is good, but the sound is muddy/muffled when it come through the adapter and into the device. (Sorry for the run-on sentence) This Eton brand has been on woot a few times now and has had several strong reviews. Speaking of Logitech, I just got the refurbed Bluetooth boom box for 89 bucks and it is sounds amazing, and is also portable and rechargeable. Hope this helps a fellow Wooter.

theguruguys wrote:Those are some cool looking binoculars!

I'm actually debating getting something like this, or the Logitech Wirless Bluetooth Speaker Adapter. Perhaps fellow wooter's can help shed some light on this model.

haggen29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haggen29

WOW bought this before christmas for 10 bucks more.

they sound good but sad now that they are cheaper.

Woot This

wmlagna

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wmlagna

Not sure I would recommend these. I have one and it is not very loud with any of my MP3 players. It is marginal to hear in the car. My porter cable work radio is much louder. And if you want good then my TDK life on record soundcube is truly excellent (except it eats batteries). But not this - I think you will be disapponted. Yep, it looks cool, and yep, the concept is great. But it does not do well the one thing it is supposed to do - make sound.

eggy78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eggy78
mrmcfeely wrote:Hope you weren't one of the suckers that bought this same unit 19 days ago for $10 more

[looks sadly at two week old Rukus in kitchen]

That would be me, too.

However, I can't recommend this strongly enough. I was very happy with it for $50, and if you're looking for something like it, go for it. Super basic, but it works very well. It gets pretty darned loud. The sound isn't phenomenal (Not a whole lot of treble), but it is very passable and filled my house with Christmas tunes.

Two things I want to note:
1. I didn't try it with batteries.

2. I haven't tried the music subscription service that there was a voucher for in the box.

bronkrdr1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bronkrdr1
eggy78 wrote:That would be me, too.

However, I can't recommend this strongly enough. I was very happy with it for $50, and if you're looking for something like it, go for it. Super basic, but it works very well. It gets pretty darned loud. The sound isn't phenomenal (Not a whole lot of treble), but it is very passable and filled my house with Christmas tunes.

Two things I want to note:
1. I didn't try it with batteries.

2. I haven't tried the music subscription service that there was a voucher for in the box.

Pretty much have to say the same....except I HAVE used it with batteries...and I don't regret paying the extra $10...However...I love it so much I am trying to talk myself OUT of buying another...to take to the office....

jaimz2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaimz2
rlp518 wrote:Two bluetooth audio devices in two days?! Thanks for the buyer's remorse, Woot! Can I exchange yesterday's Affinity Soundbox for this?!

I agree...bought the ones yesterday...now I wish I wouldn't have. I wanted portability!

eivesus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eivesus

I got one for my sister-in-law for Christmas, who proceeded to use it all day to stream Christmas music from Pandora. Everyone was impressed with the sound. I've just now ordered one from my wife. It's definitely worth $45.

alose

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alose

I got the solar powered version for Christmas. I love it. It gets plenty loud, and pairs easily with my phone and tablet.

The only difference the Solar powered version gets is the solar panel (duh), and internal rechargeable battery, a usb port (power only) to charge your phone, and a strap to carry your phone.

Those are nice features but $100+ more than this model.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
obmijimbo wrote:I use one of the Bluetooth adapters, and can tell you that the convenience to let you use an existing speaker or stereo is great, and connectivity is good, but the sound is muddy/muffled when it come through the adapter and into the device. (Sorry for the run-on sentence) This Eton brand has been on woot a few times now and has had several strong reviews.

Speaking of Logitech, I just got the refurbed Bluetooth boom box for 89 bucks and it is sounds amazing, and is also portable and rechargeable. Hope this helps a fellow Wooter.

I have had a lot of experience with several Logitech products and found that it is a superior brand. The Logitech docks have the best sound at any price (with exception to a $300 Bose).

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker
dawnview wrote:YouTube Review:

[MOD: Embedded the video for you]

Thanks to this and the many positive reviews that followed, I pulled the trigger on this unit.

The woot! community is one of the best online, and so is the staff.

Wishing all a super new year.

tfreeman451

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tfreeman451

In for 1! Can't wait to use this while outside grilling, gardening, hanging out, etc....too bad I have to wait about 4 more months for the weather to warm up

Quaddawg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Quaddawg

I bought myself a set when they were 10 bucks more, for my uses, I couldn't be happier. I want a Big Jambox, but don't feel like spending $279 dollars for one.

My son borrowed my Rukus, and now he wants a set, so, happily I check in to techwoot, and there they are $10 bux cheaper. WOOT!

They are still $80 on Ebay and Amazon.. (or higher) DEFINITELY worth the 40 samolians.... (or 45 if you didn't get something else today to cover the shipping)

sacjeanie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sacjeanie

I purchased this on the last woot(off?) and have been really pleased with it. I only use it plugged in. I really like the flat top because I use it as a base to set my iPad and stream Amazon prime TV shows while cooking or Pandora. I did notice there is a speaker direction of sound and when I'm off in the bedroom (behind the device), I'll hear funky feedback sounds once in a while, but never when I'm within the room.

WOOTGOD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WOOTGOD

WootGod say...

Bought one before Christmas and sound quite good. Awesome black color out of stock so Mrs. WootGod picked green. Green go well with nekkid WootGod dance to Gangnam Style. Paired easily to LG smartphone with plenty of vlume and sound quality quite good.

thedivmm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedivmm

Would this work as a wireless speaker for a TV? Mom is almost deaf and can't hear the TV from a distance.

femushka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages femushka

Nice set of speakers, a little heavy though

like2wheel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages like2wheel

Can anyone comment on how the sound from this compares to the Logitech Z515?

joshj280

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshj280

A question for anyone who already owns these speakers, how are they for outdoor use? Would you be able to hear them from across a basketball or volleyball court?

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

White Green White Green White Green White Green...........HELP?

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen
jiggersgreen wrote:White Green White Green White Green White Green...........HELP?

Got white...Never mind.

rlp518

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rlp518
jaimz2 wrote:I agree...bought the ones yesterday...now I wish I wouldn't have. I wanted portability!

BIngo! Me too. Disappointed no reply from someone @ Woot. I wasn't joking.

John1000

quality posts: 18 Private Messages John1000

I bought one of these when they were $10 more. I was so happy with it, I bought 2 more at the higher price for Xmas presents to spread the joy. Bottom line is that all my mobile devices sound like crap through the built-in tiny speakers, so having some decent sounding speakers just makes a lot of sense. So my advice is that if you have a mobile device that you like to watch videos on or listen to some music without headphones, get some bluetooth speakers. These speakers met all my expectations and then some and at a great price here. Even though I already have one, I may just have to pick up another one at this reduced price. I haven't compared these to any other bluethooth speaker. All I'm saying is that going from completely crappy built-in speakers to these is a no-brainer at this price. If you want something better, then I'm sure you'll find it at a higher price.

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

Pretty quick shipping (at least for woot!)
Arrived 1/4/13
Quick and easy setup. More than enough sound volume. Sound quality is pretty good too. I like the fact it will run off of AA batteries or wall adapter.
Pairing via blue tooth was painless.