thinkweiz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thinkweiz

After shipping this refurbished machine is only $10 more at Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883256337) with free 2-day shipping. If I were getting this machine I'd buy it from Newegg for the shipping upgrade.

twinesurge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twinesurge
ThunderThighs wrote:Something is wrong. We have a computer for sale and there's not one wooter that has something to say about it? Not one.

I was waiting for either a Roku or a Dyson vacuum. Not enough of those being sold.

zspider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zspider
maraich wrote:Just snagged one for my dad. His current computer was 2 gigs of RAM and is slower than a tortoise in tar. This new one has Windows 7 on it (as does his current one), so I won't have to retrain him. Woot!

interested in selling the old one for $100 , let me know, wolfcal gonna be on hotmail....

davearnold731

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davearnold731

Really? You judge me. God blessed you with getting good items. Maybe you could be thankful you are not in my shoes. First I got an HP touch pad. It was bad out of the box. I wrote to Woot asking for another. They said too bad, call HP. So I did. After a phone tree and 2 hours on the phone troubleshooting they agreed it was bad and sent me a box to ship it back. I did. They said it was fixed and returned it. It was not fixed. This went on for three months. 15 pages of notes (phone calls to HP support) and sent it back 4 times. It was NEVER fixed. I gave it away half working. Thanks Woot. Then I ordered an Asus Pad. 25% of the screen was defective out of the box. Did not bother writing Woot. I call Asus and spent 1.5 hours on hold. Worked with a tech for another hour. He decided it was indeed bad. He sent me instructions on returning it. The whole process took 2.5 hours and cost me $8.00 to ship it to them. It is with them now, wish me luck (your good luck) please. What I meant to say earlier was "You are very likey to get a good PC, but if you have bad luck you will get a bad one. Woot does not make it obvious they will not help even with a DOA product. It is horrible that Woot is the only mail order company with this policy. You should not judge me. Walk in my shoes and you will see.

rsherry wrote:Sorry, but I have NEVER had a problem with my HP Desktop and the Pad I bought from Woot is still working! You are just a bad card and you did not clearly read their policy statement, did you?

Some people......they just ain't ever happy. Everything I have ever purchased from Woot! IS STILLING WORKING.

David D Arnold

GenMischief

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GenMischief

My desktop rig uses the A10 5800K, and I have to tell you, its really a GOOD CPU, TONS of power for the price-point. It lands in the middle of I3 and I5's and seems to be really reliable. Mine settles in nicely at 4Ghz, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

sjtmbg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjtmbg

Does anyone know if the hardware on this machine is linux-friendly? Sure wish woot would save me an extra $50 or whatever and sell a machine without M$ pre-loaded.

redwal88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redwal88

Can't get an order thru---What goes??

soawesomejohn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soawesomejohn

As a touch-typist who likes tracksticks (the eraser nub mouse in the keyboard), I was drawn to the red dot on the B key. I've decided it's not a trackstick, but what is it then?

BTW -

I also found this for $499 on TigerDirect

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7440593

mcghee358

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcghee358

First thing you should do if you buy this computer is take out 1 RAM stick.

It has 12GB(3x4GB sticks)

This places the RAM in single channel mode and slows it down.

Simply look for the color coordinated RAM slots, find the stick that is in a slot that doesn't match one of it's partner sticks and remove it.

8 GB will be plenty for this particular system. Keep the RAM stick or sell it. Or if you absolutely need more RAM, look up the stick's part number and order one more single stick. That would be 4 equal sized sticks, and would allow the memory to still work in dual channel mode, with a capacity of 16GB total(4x4GB)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 504 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Batman4oz wrote:We just don't want to spill our cocktails while typing!
I've chug-a-lugged mine, so can now wish you and the rest of the woot-lets a Happy 2013!

^^X^^

Ah, that explains it.

Happy New Year Year to you too, Batman!

ThunderThighs

Staff

steiger21 wrote:Wasn't this under deals woot for $400 a week or two ago? What's up with that...?

This one? Completely different. Different CPU, less memory, etc.

ThunderThighs

Staff

redwal88 wrote:Can't get an order thru---What goes??

Going to need more info. Are you getting a message back? Usual problems are your bank declining the charges or if you are using PayPal, it's not backed by a credit card or bank account which we require.

ushindi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ushindi
jonares1500 wrote:Well... I might, but it wouldn't necessarily be glowing.... as I struggle with the HP h8-1214 I swiped from Woot back in May or June.... this model has 2 gig more RAM and a half a pterodactyl of hard drive more, but I'm reading online of the many (like myself) that are finding these AMD HPs can't boot with an external USB hard drive attached, as I have discovered..... but other than that, it's pretty!

I find this comment interesting. I am currently on my third HP Pavilion over the years (all three problem-free) and have never experienced any sort of trouble booting up with external hard drives plugged in. My existing Pavilion has an AMD Phenom II processor and I have a 2 TB ext. HD AND a 1 TB ext. HD plugged in continually with never a hint of any issue regarding booting up.
Did I misunderstand the comment?

Steelheadan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steelheadan
MightyMouse75 wrote:Go to HP and get this deal instead.. You can add RAM for cheap..
HP has the HP Pavilion p7-1420t Intel Core i5-3330 Quad-Core Ivy Bridge Desktop Computer for a low $479.99 Free Shipping after $20 off Coupon Code: "20TECHBARG" (Exp Soon). [Compare Prices]
Intel Core i5-3330 3GHz Quad-Core Ivy Bridge; 6GB RAM; 1TB HDD; DVD burner; 802.11n wifi; Windows 8; DVI; card reader; 1yr warranty

16GB of ram costs $50.00 right now.. So trust me, the HP deal for a new computer is much better.

This computer at HP is $499.99 and that coupon code has expired.

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

I show in "Stuff you Bought" that I did buy this, but I haven't gotten a receipt yet. Is there an issue?

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader

If only I had more money for a pc right now... This is a very good computer for my needs.

rjbriody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjbriody

Anything tricky about dropping an SSD in to boot a second OS?

ThunderThighs

Staff

maraich wrote:I show in "Stuff you Bought" that I did buy this, but I haven't gotten a receipt yet. Is there an issue?

You will receive a confirmation email but we don't email a receipt. You can print a receipt looking thing from Stuff You Bought, Order Details.

greatlord60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greatlord60
soawesomejohn wrote:As a touch-typist who likes tracksticks (the eraser nub mouse in the keyboard), I was drawn to the red dot on the B key. I've decided it's not a trackstick, but what is it then?

BTW -

I also found this for $499 on TigerDirect

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7440593

Because it's got "Beats" included in the system, HP must've decided to put the Beats logo (aka the red B symbol) on the keyboard as well. At least that's what I'm thinking when I look at that.

I was pretty intrigued by the lil' red button myself.

dewditty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewditty
ThunderThighs wrote:Something is wrong. We have a computer for sale and there's not one wooter that has something to say about it? Not one.

Egads, maybe the world did end.

Got mine! Outstanding condition. Happy Wooter!