VeeDubb65

quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeeDubb65
FredWallace18 wrote:If you can dual-boot to Windows, you can run Windows applications. My laptop cost $400, so that's what I expect at this cost point. It's not a great laptop, but it can sure do more than a tablet.

This is akin to saying, "If it has a door, it should do 0-60 in 12 seconds or less. My car cost $23k, so that's what I expect of a $23k house. It's not a great car, but it can sure do more than a house."

Complete non-sense.

VeeDubb65

quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeeDubb65
jzaimz wrote:This has similar specs, but the screen is not as high of resolution. This model came out after the prime, but is designed as more of an economy model. The docks are also not compatible.

True, but this one also has a faster processor and more battery life. Also, the prime was the most bug-ridden of the entire Transformer lineup. Lot's of QC issues, lot's of wifi issues, etc.

I would not consider buying a prime at any price. If you need higher resolution than the TF300 for some reason (can't imagine why on a 10.1" screen), the TF700 is a great device.

benocha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benocha

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/guides-tips-tricks/23948-how-get-adobe-flash-player-best-browser-experience-your-tablet.html

for those wondering how you can get flash back on your tablet after you installed jelly bean.

the minisuit i suggested in my last post fits perfectly as either just a tablet case, a tablet+keyboard case too. although i didnt like the organizer flap so i cut it off.

kenfromlv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenfromlv
taimeili wrote:Can anyone tell me if the dock is OEM or made by some third party?

The original dock list price was around 100 bucks?

OEM dock. List for $150.

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine

Re: Jelly Bean and "Rooting".
With Jelly Bean you can disable Bloatware apps (thank you Google). No need to root. And Asus includes an "App Backup" app for quality backups.

allibyx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages allibyx

Is "Tabletiness" even a word? If not, it should be.

danielm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danielm

Dang! Second time this week I sat on the fence till it was too late.

Jerry559

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jerry559

Got the 16GB refurb from Woot a while ago for $250. Then bought the keyboard dock for $99 at Best Buy. I wish I would have held out for this one.
RATS!

blackcentury

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blackcentury

I bought the 32GB with the dock last time around as well. I'm generally a rooting enthusiast, but haven't felt compelled to root this (except to use an ad blocking service, but I've held out so far). This is an upgrade from an HP Touchpad running Cyanogenmod 9 Nightlies, and thought that no stock rom could be as good, but this one is nice and clean.

It's also by far the sexiest piece of hardware I've ever owned. I know folks complain about it being plastic, but I'm not sure I'd have noticed if I hadn't read that -- the "ribbed finish" is still pretty classy and sidesteps fingerprint marks. However, it's so thin that I worry about it flying out of my hand when I'm walking around, so I usually keep it attached to the dock.

I'm really, really pleased.

sweaver32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sweaver32

Couple things -

1. Root is nice and I've always rooted my android phones, but I haven't found the need with this device. Asus includes backup software for your apps, and it's already jelly bean. As others have mentioned, you can try other roms but they are not better than stock in this case, unlike on many phones.

2. This is the same res as the prime, not lower. The infinity is the one with the higher res.

3. If you have a pc in the house, you can use the splashtop app to access it from this device. It works really well, almost as if you were sitting at your pc, just a couple minor usability issues. Very responsive. And I haven't even tried the paid version. You can also access a pc outside your home network, tho I haven't tried that yet.

4. This thing rocks, tho there does seem to be a lot of people that get lemons. If you get a lemon just send it back, otherwise you will be very happy.

5. Battery life is amazing.

6. The tegra games are pretty awesome. Open that tegra app and get the free game Dead Trigger. I still haven't gotten used to controlling touch screen games (vs a standard game controller) and this one is no exception, but aside from that this game is amazing.

a8le

quality posts: 1 Private Messages a8le

i sat on the fence forever and right when i went to pull the trigger. it was sold out!!! i hope this deal comes back. it might be a sign for me to get a MS surface pro.

kildar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kildar

oh, snap. you guys are right, i totally forgot about titanium backup. that would be a good reason to root by itself.

nice to hear that ASUS did include a backup app, though.

i'm realy, REALLY glad now that i pulled the trigger before passing out. i was thinking about sleeping on it and making the decision when i woke up.

gleemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gleemer

I really like mine, it's basically replaced my netbook.
-Stock browser seems faster to me than Chrome. (Flash too!)
-occasionally the touchscreen seems to flake, but a screen off/on fixes it.
-TV: watching, channel guide, and managing DVR.
-great for magazines, feels very natural
-swype!

markdd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markdd

Well I wish I would have waited now for this deal....( I just purchased the Asus RSL101-A1 EEE Pad Slider from Woot a few days ago and this tablet seems better with more update software....does anyone know if I purchased a decent product or not ??

rajuorbhikhu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rajuorbhikhu
markdd wrote:Well I wish I would have waited now for this deal....( I just purchased the Asus RSL101-A1 EEE Pad Slider from Woot a few days ago and this tablet seems better with more update software....does anyone know if I purchased a decent product or not ??

I almost bought that late last year when it cameup...seems most wooters were good with it to....most comparisons were with Asus tf101..."with a built-in-stand" of you will....this tablet is definitely an improvement, but you should like the slider if you choose to not cancel and order this...

Zavelin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zavelin
markdd wrote:Well I wish I would have waited now for this deal....( I just purchased the Asus RSL101-A1 EEE Pad Slider from Woot a few days ago and this tablet seems better with more update software....does anyone know if I purchased a decent product or not ??

The TF101 was my first tablet, and a great one. Mine was the standalone tablet version, not the slider.

The only tablet that was able to convince me to give up the TF101 was the TF300 or the TF700. When these TF300 deals started popping up, I sold mine and upgraded for the faster processor. But honestly, there's nothing I do with my tablet that the TF101 wasn't just about as capable of doing.

I think another TF300 deal will come around. I wouldn't be surprised to see TF700(!) refurbs starting to be pushed out eventually, since ASUS seems to be all about Windows 8 with their new tablets. Perhaps ASUS is waiting until their TF300 supplies are exhausted.

sarangshah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarangshah
inkycatz wrote:If you do order and have any problems, support@woot.com is here for you!

I do believe I have a problem with the touchscreen on the TF300 32GB+dock I ordered on Dec 12 and posted about it in the community post for that offer (http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5276298&pageindex=4&replycount=134) AND sent an email to support@woot.com on Jan 3rd but have not heard back from woot at all! I dont see the touchscreen problem on the same tablet in a local store or even on the 10" Archos tablet I had previously purchased from woot.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sarangshah wrote:I do believe I have a problem with the touchscreen on the TF300 32GB+dock I ordered on Dec 12 and posted about it in the community post for that offer (http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5276298&pageindex=4&replycount=134) AND sent an email to support@woot.com on Jan 3rd but have not heard back from woot at all! I dont see the touchscreen problem on the same tablet in a local store or even on the 10" Archos tablet I had previously purchased from woot.

Well you should have! Check your spam folder to see if a reply fell in there, and if it comes up empty, mail your case # and order # to support again and you should hear back within 1-2 business days (M-F).

I'm just hanging out, really.

Monkeydias

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Monkeydias

Any idea when these will start shipping out? I'm giddy like a little school girl here anxiously waiting for an email saying it's shipped!

chall1130

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chall1130
Monkeydias wrote:Any idea when these will start shipping out? I'm giddy like a little school girl here anxiously waiting for an email saying it's shipped!

I feel the same way! I've checked my order status at least 6 times today.

Rasta21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rasta21
chall1130 wrote:I feel the same way! I've checked my order status at least 6 times today.

Me too. I'm going on vacation at the end of next week and would love to have this for traveling.

LostDeltaPhoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LostDeltaPhoto
Rasta21 wrote:Me too. I'm going on vacation at the end of next week and would love to have this for traveling.

That is so weird, SO am I! I am flying out at 6 AM next Friday, and all I can think about is watching videos on this while on the plane.

christiangallardo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christiangallardo
taimeili wrote:Can anyone tell me if the dock is OEM or made by some third party?

The original dock list price was around 100 bucks?

~$150

egovoruhk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egovoruhk
Monkeydias wrote:Any idea when these will start shipping out? I'm giddy like a little school girl here anxiously waiting for an email saying it's shipped!

Just got a shipping update from woot! Per FedEx, it's coming from NJ, and will be at my place in CA on Saturday

LostDeltaPhoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LostDeltaPhoto
egovoruhk wrote:Just got a shipping update from woot! Per FedEx, it's coming from NJ, and will be at my place in CA on Saturday

I got my shipping info, it says it will be in Washington on Tuesday (Estimated).

chall1130

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chall1130
LostDeltaPhoto wrote:I got my shipping info, it says it will be in Washington on Tuesday (Estimated).

Arrgh! Still waiting to get shipping confirmation. The waiting is eating me up inside.

bunodosoma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunodosoma

Wait - it's only been two days and I've already got a shipment email and scheduled for a Saturday delivery? It's true an old dog can learn new tricks. And here I was looking forward to 30-40 pages of whin-,uh I mean intellectual diatribes regarding shipping notifications and amazon comparisons. Way to go Woot. Now if it will only arrive in primo conditions like my others.

bunodosoma

Zavelin

Once again, Woot ucks everything fup when it comes to shipping.

I have purchased every TF300 deal since November, even surviving The Great Shipping Delay of November 21, 2012 (Never Forget, Never Forgive). But being a good Christian in public, I purchased this month's TF300 deal, looking to allow Woot one more shot at giving me the treatment and rights guaranteed by God and the Constitution.

And once again, like a child trying to catch the refrigerator light gnomes, I am disappointed again and again.

48 hours.

It took 48 hours for Woot.com to receive my order, process said order, package the order, place a shipping label upon the order, and send it off through FedEx (Federal Express, no less; I'm not surprised the Obama administration has something to do with this).

Simply unacceptable. I paid $5 for shipping. Five American-minted, American-made, American-signed dollars. Because unlike Woot.com, I support my country, the troops, and jobs for real Americans.

So while driving my Nissan Xterra, shortly after filling up with sweet Middle Eastern crude, wearing clothes made in Bangladesh, imagine my disgust when my Samsung phone received a text alert that my order had only just been shipped. That extra five bucks I paid on top of my already-discounted cost should have guaranteed no less than one-day service, and expedited shipping to boot. Instead, here we are again, a day late and five dollars short.

I don't know why I even shop at Woot.com anymore. They clearly don't care about my needs, thinking only of themselves and not the customer. American customers like myself, who give trillions of tax dollars a year into the national budget that goes towards subsidizing third-rate online snake-oil salesmen (sorry salespeople, for you Obama-lovers) that can't seem to manage to ship out thousands of orders within a couple of hours.

When I file my 1040EZ tax return this year and pay $0 after deductions (actually getting a sizable refund, in fact), Woot.com can rest easy knowing that they won't see a dime of it.

Unless they have TF700 + dock on sale. Not that I want one. I just need to prove how wholly incompetent they are.

Thanks for nothing, Woot.com.

mossygreen

quality posts: 65 Private Messages mossygreen

Well, I came here to post that my TF300 will allegedly be delivered outside of Chicago this Friday, but Zavelin has made all comments obsolete, I think.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mossygreen wrote:Well, I came here to post that my TF300 will allegedly be delivered outside of Chicago this Friday, but Zavelin has made all comments obsolete, I think.

He did take it to an entirely new level.

cfelten01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfelten01
hcbrf3 wrote:I agree that I don't really care about color either, but that one is not the same. That is the 16GB model, this is the 32GB.

Not sure if it is still available, but Best Buy was selling some of the docks for $50 recently.

Yeah, it is a smaller hdd, but a good money saving option for those you cannot afford $399.99 + $149.99 full price. I do like the option of expanding the memory with SD. I originally ordered this from Amazon with the intention of using SD, but the next day this Woot deal cropped up. Cancelled my Amazon order and am looking forward to receiving my transformer tomorrow.

chinusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinusa

Received mine. Came with Android 4.1.1.

yassa1488

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yassa1488

TIL that since these batteries are lithium based, "deep cycling" of the batteries is not recommended and constant(daily) charging benefits the battery more.
Here's some other ways to maximize the battery life on your TF300:
http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/guides-tips-tricks/24973-faq-definitive-thread-battery-related-matters-transformer-range.html

mossygreen

quality posts: 65 Private Messages mossygreen

Alright, just got it and plugged it in to charge in an out-of-the-way place. In response to the previous sales where people mentioned the small, easily lost sticker with the serial number (I was worried), let me reassure people that the serial number is also printed on the sticker on the side of the box for each piece.

Monkeydias

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Monkeydias

Well I got mine Saturday morning and was happy that I could start playing with it. I had it all set up and it was working wonderfully. Today, I go to play a movie from my server and it doesn't want to load. Odd, it worked yesterday. So I give it the good old reboot to see if that corrects it. After it turns back on all hell breaks loose. It's like the thing has a mind of it's own. Will randomly close apps or the notification tray. If I click on the home button it goes there, the swipes to pages to the far left and doesn't want to leave. I've contacted ASUS to try and get an answer. Hopefully they can help. Otherwise I might be sending this one back to Woot.

iisaintii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iisaintii

Finally got hands on mine today... Been charging for 2 hours and there are zero indications it's ever going to work. No charging light or battery indicator on the screen. No activity at all.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

iisaintii wrote:Finally got hands on mine today... Been charging for 2 hours and there are zero indications it's ever going to work. No charging light or battery indicator on the screen. No activity at all.

It probably says to give it a full 24 hour charge. Many electronics require a full charge for the first charge. However, if after 24-hours you still see no life, please email support@woot.com for some options. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

plasticpopcorn4

quality posts: 4 Private Messages plasticpopcorn4

Would anyone happen to know of a good screen protector that will still allow me to use the dock?

Zavelin

plasticpopcorn4 wrote:Would anyone happen to know of a good screen protector that will still allow me to use the dock?

Xtremeguard,Zagg, Invisishield, all fine. These are wet application screen protectors, when are nice in that you can slide the screen protector around the device's screen and get it perfect before letting it set.

I've got an Xtremeguard protector. After application, it took about 2 days for the water bubbles to dry out enough for the tablet to be usuable.

bunodosoma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunodosoma

OK, so I didn't get it Saturday because of bad weather and the holiday. It did come in Tuesday evening in great condition so I'm smiling. In regards to cases I got one that accommodates the docked tablet. My take on this - complaints re cracked screens on docked tablet are out there and the extra padding between the tablet and keyboard may reduce flexing at stress points that may produce the cracking. Don't know if this is valid but I've got my fingers crossed. I let it update - I can always root after the warranty is up if I want.I just put this screen protector on was very easy
Bluecell Black Bubble Free Border Anti-glare(matte) Anti-Scratch LCD Touch Screen Protector for Asus Transformer TF300.

bunodosoma