WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

TIC Outdoor Speakers

That rock. Is it... no! It can't be! Can it? There is no way, right? That that rock is, how do we say this? Rocking? Yes, but that is most certainly what it is doing! That rock is rocking out! But how? Perhaps it's not a rock at all. Perhaps it's some sort of outdoor speaker from TIC.
TIC official site

Quality Posts

domurat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages domurat

Does anyone have experience with these? How do they sound? Do they last in the rain and sun?

rgrant7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgrant7

Why buy the double pack? Why not single speaker with receiver and extension speaker?

scouncil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scouncil
domurat wrote:Does anyone have experience with these? How do they sound? Do they last in the rain and sun?

They get pretty bad reviews on Amazon. The wired speakers seem to be pretty good, but these are questionable. I would think you would need the remote control to use them? Otherwise I agree with buying just the extensions, but I'm not going to buy any of them...

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

On the Indoor/Outdoor Rock Speaker - Pair - Canyon page,
Wootbot wrote: "These suckers are aerospace grade. In fact, "Stairway to Heaven" was playing when Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon. Bet you didn't know that."

Must be referring to Neil Sedaka's song since the LedZep one was 2 years into the future.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

enktwiss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enktwiss

Here's the link from a past round with these speakers. Including commentary from a Tic Tech:
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5263358

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

wow the 5" extension speaker really dropped in price since the last time they were on here. $70 the last sale. $30 this time.

I always did like yardsales.

rob2006

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rob2006

I can vouch for the wired TIC speakers FWIW...I've had them outside for 3+ years in sun, rain, sleet, humidity, cold no problemo. Can't speak for heavy snow though.
I also have a similar receiver/amp. It's OK too, only rear jacks are spaced v closely together.

ucwino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ucwino

How can I get this to work with my iphone? I have called TIC numerous times but am unable to get a call back. Help!

patbm1930

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patbm1930

Mine just came in, I ordered the extension and the "primary". Sound very good. The transmitter is in my basement in my mechanical room with my other AV equipment and they are having no problems. Also ventured outside with one and no problems. Havent ventured to try these with the batteries yet...