WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Secret Pioneer Speakers

Listen, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. There are Pioneer in-wall speakers all over this room. Hep  hep! Don't look! No, of course I'm not going to play any music on them, that would ruin the surprise. I would rather just keep them my little secret.  
Pioneer official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ROGETRAY wrote:Ok, ignorance here again. How does one install an "in-ceiling" speaker? Are they wireless? Do you have to run wires through the walls? Too many questions...
I'm just hanging out, really.

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

Anything that comes with a "Pain Mask" sounds too dangerous for me.

cyberwhale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberwhale
inkycatz wrote:

You are gonna have to poke some holes in your ceiling and run some wires thru walls/attics or poke another conduit hole in your wall. I would only suggest doing this if you are comfortable patching drywall, or whatever material your ceiling is, and then if you have some extra paint to spot coat. Its not terribly difficult, just time intensive to get it right and professional looking.

Murdoch83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Murdoch83
cyberwhale wrote:You are gonna have to poke some holes in your ceiling and run some wires thru walls/attics or poke another conduit hole in your wall. I would only suggest doing this if you are comfortable patching drywall, or whatever material your ceiling is, and then if you have some extra paint to spot coat. Its not terribly difficult, just time intensive to get it right and professional looking.

Its actually not terribly difficult. If you have an attic over the ceiling of the room you are installing the audio then its very easy to run the wires, otherwise i would recommend an in-wall placement. The wires can be run down and behind your baseboards over to the source. If the room is carpeted, you can use in wall wiring and run under the carpet PAD to the source. (don't run between carpet and pad.) Worst case scenario you can call a home theater company to come and install the equipment you buy and just pay for their professional installation service. It may save you in costs unless you happen to have home repair tools and hardware laying about and the time to do the proper finish out. Remember these speakers and the installation process adds value to the home.

The Babehound

nzahn1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nzahn1

Here's Pioneer's info on the speakers:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Elite.pdf

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Architectural%20Loudspeaker%20Brochure%20FINAL.pdf

sirfrosty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sirfrosty

I am telling you all right now that this is the best deal in the history of Woot...If you are into quality, you need to buy these!! I love them!

cf wrote:Anything that comes with a "Pain Mask" sounds too dangerous for me.

fredfreddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredfreddy

Does anyone have any info on these? I have been looking for in wall speakers but don't want to buy garbage. Any reviewers out there? I'd be putting then in a 12x15 room. Thinking of 4 6" and 1center. I am good on sub. Any info is appreciated.

racinreaver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racinreaver

For this whole setup, what would I need? I'm moving into a house soon, and as of now my flatscreen's been running off of a set of old PC speakers.

For a system, would I wind up going with getting a center and then two pairs to install on the front/back walls? Would I be fine going with maybe the center and two fronts?

Motu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Motu

Im in for 3 of the S-IW571L....right, left, and center for my home theater. I'm replacing on-wall Klipsch Synergy SLX speakers that the aesthetics committee never really got right with. The odd thing is that there is so little information out there on these Pioneers. Only one review that I can find: http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/pioneer-elite-s-iw571l-s-iw871lr. Note that at $2,996, these folks thought they were a good value! Will be driving these with a pricy Pioneer Elite receiver (the model number of it escapes me). I HOPE this CHANGE works out better than that other H&C thing.....

drocpsu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drocpsu
fredfreddy wrote:Does anyone have any info on these? I have been looking for in wall speakers but don't want to buy garbage. Any reviewers out there? I'd be putting then in a 12x15 room. Thinking of 4 6" and 1center. I am good on sub. Any info is appreciated.

From things I've read in the past, these are actually supposed to be pretty nice in-wall speakers, and at these prices, they cost WAY less than similar speakers from audiophile brands. Pioneer actually puts out pretty nice stuff in their Elite line.