WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

To Dock, or Not to Dock

Of course you have to dock. That's not even really up for debate. If you want to recharge your gadget, it's gonna need to be docked. And if it's gonna be docked, it might as well be hooked up to some speakers, too.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ROGETRAY wrote:Finding an awesome boombox sound system is the easy part. The hardest; is finding boom-bastic-fantastic music to play. Any thoughts?
I'm just hanging out, really.

bsevern

quality posts: 108 Private Messages bsevern

Got the TDK 2-speaker boombox and love it, but I think I'd pulled the trigger on the cube instead, I like it, and it's a better price!

jratma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jratma

Cool little usb cables. I'd do it for $5, but for $5 plus $5 shipping? Not at all worth it.

bsyris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsyris

There's a reasonably-well-reviewed Belkin bluetooth receiver for less on Amazon these days:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8Z492TTP-Bluetooth-Music-Receiver/dp/B0047T79VS/

I'll be going with that one. Been wanting a bluetooth audio receiver for a while.

slsusie09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slsusie09

I bought the blue tooth transmitter during the Woot Off thinking our receiver had Blue Tooth capability, but it does not. If I get this and plug it into our non-bluetooth receiver, will I then be able to use it with the bt transmitter I bought during the Woot Off?

jsfs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsfs
slsusie09 wrote:If I get this and plug it into our non-bluetooth receiver, will I then be able to use it with the bt transmitter I bought during the Woot Off?

Your main potential issue would be getting the devices to pair. Most devices want a nominal passcode (usually 0000) entered on the device they pair with. Some don't, but I can't say if these will or not.

A witty quote would go here, but that's so cliched.

torkiaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages torkiaz

Did anybody else get this "Sound Logic XT BDT-1/5605 iTower Bluetooth Speaker" from last week?
It arrived without a power cord and the this is what I found on the back!
http://imgur.com/0hn9sKo

I just ordered another one before the deal is gone but I hope woot's "customer service" comes through!

Avarik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Avarik

The TDK Sound Cube is amazing. Well worth $99.

blkg35sport

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blkg35sport

Very happy with both sound cube and boombox. Has anyone tried bridging the two units via Y adapter etc?

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess

Boom-bastic music? Why I'm a bassline junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1gl46hh3sQ

pattyb10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pattyb10

does anyone have or have bought the Innovative Technology ITVS 850i? Any reviews would be helpful!

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
Avarik wrote:The TDK Sound Cube is amazing. Well worth $99.

I agree......I also have the 3 speaker and am selling since I got the Cube. The 3 Speaker is a little louder and clearer at high volume levels but the cube has more bass!

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

What are the lengths of the keychain USB cables?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Woot Tang Clan wrote:What are the lengths of the keychain USB cables?

These are about 5" in length. They do not expand to a longer length.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PocketBrain

Hey, in the TDK 2-speaker boombox, where do I insert my 8-tracks?

Woot Stats
Woots/Qty total: 420 duuude
Notable woot events:
  • Sonic Trivia Quiz 1 runner-up. I got Bupkus!
  • Nov. 17 '06: Bought out Kensington PocketMouse Wireless USB Mouse
Barrels of Cheddar obtained:
  • 11/17/06: 1st
  • 12/25/07, 2nd
  • 7/12/08 3rd (1st "want three.")
  • 12/25/08 4th
  • 05/15/09 5th
  • 9/25/09 6th
  • 2/25/10 7TH
  • 4/28/10 8th
  • 7/12/10 9th (BBOC wootlites)
  • 8/20/10 10th
  • 9/22/10 11th
  • 9/14/11 12th
  • 12/25/11 13th
  • 3/22/12 14th

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

PocketBrain wrote:Hey, in the TDK 2-speaker boombox, where do I insert my 8-tracks?

aw yeah.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

smooth0906

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smooth0906
Avarik wrote:The TDK Sound Cube is amazing. Well worth $99.

I totally agree. I bought one from woot two weeks ago and the sound is fantastic for the 99.00. You can't go wrong!

029er

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 029er

Does anyone know if the "iHome iC16 Portable Alarm Clock Stereo Speaker with USB Charging Dock for Smartphones" can charge a smartphone if it's just running on the batteries and not plugged into the wall?

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

The specs page on the ITVS850 Vintage Speaker Dock is laughable. Avoid.

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

I'd never heard of these products before today, but have been drawn in and have just purchased a TDK SOUND CUBE.

I'd been checking out docking units over the past few weeks and initially this didn't seem to be what I wanted. Until I looked closely . . .

According to most reviews, the sound is ossum, and what sealed it for me is the ability to use 1/4" (instrument) and RCA inputs as wells as the 3.5mm and usb. Portability is a bonus, though I don't envision using it outdoors. Butwhoknows?

--N41.

korryramone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages korryramone

I just received my TDK 2-speaker boombox and it is pretty cool. I hear the cube has more bass, but the stereo sound is kind of messed up by speakers being on every side of the thing. I picked my poison and am happy with this. For a smaller / portable unit it sounds great - very clear sound. It sounds way better using files off my thumb drive than off my Samsung Galaxy s2. This weekend I'm going to run my turntable through it and see what that is like.

darkfact2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkfact2

Hey I have a electric drum set and I'm wondering if the samsung stereo system would work with it? Anyone have a clue?

kofifoap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kofifoap

I bought the Samsung MX-E650 mini stereo system which was advertised as having Bluetooth. It arrived today and i have read the manual cover to cover and nowhere does it state that this is a Bluetooth enabled device. l feel very let down by Woot.

cybernevets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cybernevets

I'm just following up that the cube works fine with my iPhone 5 and its lightning connector. The iPhone plays and charges using the USB connector. I wish I had bought more than one cube.

ajkam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajkam
kofifoap wrote:I bought the Samsung MX-E650 mini stereo system which was advertised as having Bluetooth. It arrived today and i have read the manual cover to cover and nowhere does it state that this is a Bluetooth enabled device. l feel very let down by Woot.

I bought the MX-E630 also thinking it had bluetooth. When I go back and look at the description and specs, no bluetooth. Could we both have imagined it?

Mine did come with a 4GB USB flash drive stuck in the USB port on the front. It has one MP3 file on it that is just a tone, and a folder with some Korean looking characters for the folder name. Did everybody get a flash drive?