WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you have a YouTube channel?
  • 7.4% - Yeah! I get upwards of 30 hits on my vlog! 98
  • 53.8% - I have an account, but I don’t upload anything. 717
  • 38.8% - Nope. 517
1332 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska

Where's the "Tried it, stopped uploading because my camera died" option.

bjrapp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjrapp

or the, "I have an account, and I upload videos, but nobody ever watches them."

eddythebug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddythebug

Yeah, I second the "no one ever watches them" sentiment . . . except for one crappy school project that happens to contain the word "Alphabet." Man that thing gets like a gazzillion hits--all from disappointed parents.

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska

What I kind of figured out is... if you're genuine, hitting on relevant topics to general interests, you'll get a few hits.

(Aka - youtube is a community, Share the love to get the love. If you're not active on other people's youtube pages, videos, commenting, sharing, favoriting, subscribing... you end up getting less hits than if you are active. Group channels will get bleed-over hits and subscribers, but it's up to YOU to keep them.)

If you're lucky AND genuine, you get picked up by other youtubers or get skyrocketed by a blogger/news site.

If you're just plain lucky (content or not) you go viral.

FreePlayPSP

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FreePlayPSP

I had a video on my channel that was the first demonstration of a major hack for the PSP game system; it had somewhere upwards of 10 million hits.

And then I deleted my channel and started over with a new one...