WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's Like an Office in Your Home!

You actually want to make it possible to do work at HOME? Are you nuts? We spend all day trying to figure out how to not do work at WORK. You've got this plan all wrong; you don't need a home office, you need an office home. Where are the cubicle-sized sofas?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ROGETRAY wrote:This Plus Sale event pretty much has everything you need to kick start your home office space. Is there anything essential missing? (besides mice NOT shaped like vehicles...)

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

bobdo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobdo

Does anyone have the printer? And would you recommend it for printing digital photos?

jsmallzee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsmallzee

For the Cyber Acoustic 2.1 Speaker System, where is the headphone jack on the speakers? And can I set it up where I only need to use the aux cable because I want to use it for my laptop and it doesn't have the desktop jack.

rrudden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rrudden

for the TP Link wireless powerline: "Transfers 200 Megabytes per second, which is probably more than the total digital storage capacity of the world's computers combined in 1993."

Should be 200 Megabits per second. I'd be absolutely in for all I could buy if it were really 200 megabytes.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PocketBrain
rrudden wrote:for the TP Link wireless powerline: "Transfers 200 Megabytes per second, which is probably more than the total digital storage capacity of the world's computers combined in 1993."

Should be 200 Megabits per second. I'd be absolutely in for all I could buy if it were really 200 megabytes.

Yeah, I was about to post that. Features says 200Mbps, which is correct. Small b, bits. Big B, Bytes. I wonder when they'll start using nybbles?

Woot Stats
Woots/Qty total: 420 duuude
Notable woot events:
  • Sonic Trivia Quiz 1 runner-up. I got Bupkus!
  • Nov. 17 '06: Bought out Kensington PocketMouse Wireless USB Mouse
Barrels of Cheddar obtained:
  • 11/17/06: 1st
  • 12/25/07, 2nd
  • 7/12/08 3rd (1st "want three.")
  • 12/25/08 4th
  • 05/15/09 5th
  • 9/25/09 6th
  • 2/25/10 7TH
  • 4/28/10 8th
  • 7/12/10 9th (BBOC wootlites)
  • 8/20/10 10th
  • 9/22/10 11th
  • 9/14/11 12th
  • 12/25/11 13th
  • 3/22/12 14th

penguinator66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penguinator66

Does anyone know if this flexible keyboard will work with an Acer c7 Chromebook? I know it says Windows only, but I thought there may still be hope.

decade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages decade

Uh-oh. Back in December, these Cyber Acoustics CA-3488 speakers were getting pretty poor reviews.

mobybluemonkeyalfredmpine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mobybluemonkeyalfredmpine

Does an iPad need a rube Goldberg contraption to print documents with that Kodak hero or zero printer?

tommoore86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommoore86

Hey Woot operators, the ad for the HP EliteBook 8460p XU064UAR i7 version says in the "Specs" tab, all the way at the bottom in the "In the Box" portion that you are getting the i5 version, not the i7. Just an FYI.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rrudden wrote:for the TP Link wireless powerline: "Transfers 200 Megabytes per second, which is probably more than the total digital storage capacity of the world's computers combined in 1993."

Heh, good catch. I'll let the writer know.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tommoore86 wrote:Hey Woot operators, the ad for the HP EliteBook 8460p XU064UAR i7 version says in the "Specs" tab, all the way at the bottom in the "In the Box" portion that you are getting the i5 version, not the i7. Just an FYI.

Thank you! I'll send that in for fixin'!

Loki009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Loki009

Please tell me I was not the only one to see the table full of ThinkPads in the picture and then was disappointed when all the PC's were HP?

mbrickell

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mbrickell

Hey, did we ever figure out if the 8560 had a backlit keyboard? I know people were asking last time around. Thx.

EDIT: I found the old listing and a couple of folks posted that the units they received did indeed have this feature.

ezrashapiro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ezrashapiro

Note that the Grandmax bluetooth keyboard is NOT 8 inches wide. That may be the measurement for the packaging, but the keyboard itself is a thumb keyboard, i.e., only a hair over 4 inches wide.

I bit on this the last time it was offered. Still useful, but tiny. The Amazon site has this wrong too.

wootlollipops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootlollipops
penguinator66 wrote:Does anyone know if this flexible keyboard will work with an Acer c7 Chromebook? I know it says Windows only, but I thought there may still be hope.

It's hard to say because I'm installing Ubuntu on my Acer C7 right now, but I know that at lest the enter key works (to wake up the screen) if you plug the USB in. I can't do anything else right now but I suspect it works fine. That said it doesn't make it any easier to type really. Both the C7 keyboard and this flexi one are not very natural feeling.

sluttylimeade

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sluttylimeade

I got the refurbished 14.1 i7 HP at the end of 2012. It's a great computer, especially after expanding the RAM to 16gigs. Very solid: aluminum case and stiff keyboard base. Good resolution (1600x900) and decent dedicated graphics. Another plus is that you can take off the bottom access panel without a screwdriver, something I've never had in the past with Lenovo and Dell. AND it's still Windows 7, for anyone concerned about the newer systems.

It's a little heavy, but switching to a SSD will shed some weight. It's a good size, so unless you're tiny or ridiculously weak, the weight shouldn't ever be an issue.

However, remember that these are refurbs and may or may not still have problems when they send them out. Mine came with a dead pixel right in the middle of the display, which causes a faint line that runs across the screen.

It's obnoxious and ridiculous that they'd resell a product with such an obvious (and easy to fix) defect, but it's a gamble. Ridiculous price for a great system.

chin78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chin78

Anyone have the digital frame? If so, how is the quality?

FatPants

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FatPants

I have a HP EliteBook 2560p and it is really a fabulous computer. Just wanted to throw that out there.

hurt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hurt

I got the TP-link Powerline Extender yesterday, figure it would help clear up dead zones in my house.

Spent almost the whole day trying to figure this thing out. Though, it seemed to broadcast a wireless connection, the connection was horrid - spotty at best. I'd be lucky if I even connected at all. This was an outlet to outlet connection as per suggested by the manual.

I went to their online support/faq, but found no real remedy, but did find some users stating that this product maybe good for apartment environments, dorms and newer homes. But older homes may run into bad/spotty performance due to interference.

I just sent support asking to return this, unfortunately. It sounded like a good idea. Just a shame I couldn't use as intended.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

hurt wrote:I got the TP-link Powerline Extender yesterday, figure it would help clear up dead zones in my house.

Spent almost the whole day trying to figure this thing out. Though, it seemed to broadcast a wireless connection, the connection was horrid - spotty at best. I'd be lucky if I even connected at all. This was an outlet to outlet connection as per suggested by the manual.

I went to their online support/faq, but found no real remedy, but did find some users stating that this product maybe good for apartment environments, dorms and newer homes. But older homes may run into bad/spotty performance due to interference.

I just sent support asking to return this, unfortunately. It sounded like a good idea. Just a shame I couldn't use as intended.

sorry to hear. :/

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.