theporschephile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theporschephile
MikeRaphone wrote:Nope, it's a bridge only and will not extend your wireless network to other wireless clients (repeater function).

Click here:

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/wireless/client-adapters/airstation-ac1300-4-port-gigabit-dual-band-wireless-ethernet-bridge

It says "wireless bridge" and "...and wirelessly extend the range of your network" which makes me think it will work as a repeater. Am I reading this wrong? I need to know too before I buy it, as if it doesn't, there's no reason for me to get it

Acarolinensis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Acarolinensis

Could this bridge be used to connect a second (wireless) ISP to a home network? I think the answer is no judging from the examples mentioned connecting to the bridge's wired ports. Specifically: running UTP to an existing home network switch. Does such an animal exist and if so what is it called? Thanks!

Operaman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Operaman

I have Cable for Internet, then to a Belkin router. I use my Blu-Ray player (SONY) to watch NETFLIX. I get drops. The Sony shows what mpbs it is receiving.
Will this improve the situation? I am also looking to get Apple TV hoping that would make it work better over the Blu-ray player.
Thanks

honus87

quality posts: 3 Private Messages honus87
theporschephile wrote:It says "wireless bridge" and "...and wirelessly extend the range of your network" which makes me think it will work as a repeater. Am I reading this wrong? I need to know too before I buy it, as if it doesn't, there's no reason for me to get it

I think you are reading it wrong. It says you can connect two of the bridges to wirelessly extend your network. What it means is you can plug one bridge into your wired network which is connected to the Internet and plug another bridge into another wired network and you've now extended one wired network to the other "wirelessly". It isn't a repeater.

theporschephile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theporschephile
honus87 wrote:I think you are reading it wrong. It says you can connect two of the bridges to wirelessly extend your network. What it means is you can plug one bridge into your wired network which is connected to the Internet and plug another bridge into another wired network and you've now extended one wired network to the other "wirelessly". It isn't a repeater.

perfect, looks like I'll have to pass then. Already have a 5GHz n-router, but the 5GHz signal doesn't reach all the way across the house (the 2.4GHz does, but that doesn't help when someone's using the microwave). Guess I'll just have to find a repeater

foresty21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foresty21
unfaix wrote:Um, combined speed of over 1Gbps?

Wow, those advertisement guys sure knows how to get people with numbers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's either 2.4, or 5.8 not both at the same time on the same machine with the same network card.

Maybe if you have a machine with two network card, one connection to each card and then trunking it.

I could be wrong though.

With dualband network card,data may be carried both in 2.4G & 5G,so the theoretical speed can reach 1300Mbps+450Mbps,with the premise of occupying a 802.11ac-supporting NIC.

benbuch1368

quality posts: 2 Private Messages benbuch1368

I bought this exact setup before Christmas. With the new firmware to the router, it is as solid as a brick poop house! My WRT610N finally died so I figured I would go "all-in" and waste money on the most expensive home router. Glad I did!!

agentbullvi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agentbullvi
conman77 wrote:The router is NOT compatible with DD-WRT or Tomato firmware replacements.

Nail in the coffin for me.

Ariestyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ariestyn

My order is just now showing to be submitted to USPS for shipment... Have any of you others that ordered this router/bridge already received yours?

cakellogg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakellogg
Ariestyn wrote:My order is just now showing to be submitted to USPS for shipment... Have any of you others that ordered this router/bridge already received yours?

I have received mine last Friday.
The range is very disappointing, worse than that on the free router my ISP provides. Not happy with it at this point.