3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baybei

quality posts: 47 Private Messages baybei

Use these: on the inside of your Gameboy, not the outside.

...How did you know I still own Gameboys that eat batteries alive?!

lichme

quality posts: 2275 Private Messages lichme

Good to know a Butt-Load is 72. Here is a Previous Sale

Never hurts to have extra batteries around. Having more is better than having none.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:Good to know a Butt-Load is 72. Here is a Previous Sale

Never hurts to have extra batteries around. Having more is better than having none.

Butt-Ton, not butt-load.

Soapie0

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Soapie0

Well, I hadn't thought to use them on top of my birthday cake, but now that you've suggested the idea...why, yes...that sounds delightful! I'll take a butt-load of butt-ton batteries!

Misty Walker

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby

I thought Butt-ton batteries were those lil round-hard-to-hold-and-unfathomly-expensive batteries that most cat/laser toys require. Ever sell those "butt-ton" kind?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2548 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

some good reviews (3.6 out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Xtralife-K3A-24-Alkaline-Batteries/dp/B00168S82C

Kanabis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kanabis

Alkaline batteries? How 20th century off you woot

alextse

quality posts: 21 Private Messages alextse

ENELOOP me!

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bookofjoshua

Here a video to help you understand the butt measurement system. It doesn't cover "ton" but (hehe) you can extrapolate an estimate. Math lesson begins at 1:19 (I cant' figure out how to embed and make is start there..)

benocha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benocha

According to NASA scientists Butt Ton is enough to fill 1,500 Olympic sized pools so either woot didnt check for a actual measurement or this is one hell of a deal.

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/10/scientists-buttton-of-water-on.php

Loeb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Loeb
Kanabis wrote:Alkaline batteries? How 20th century off you woot

They're better than the "Heavy Duty" non-alkaline betteries I bought from Woot last year that are close to useless. What a sucker!

marista99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marista99

Are these comparable in quality to Duracell/Energizer? If so, I could use a butt-ton...

mamawoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mamawoot
benocha wrote:According to NASA scientists Butt Ton is enough to fill 1,500 Olympic sized pools so either woot didnt check for a actual measurement or this is one hell of a deal.

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/10/scientists-buttton-of-water-on.php

what if I need a METRIC butt-ton?

Soapie0

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Soapie0
Loeb wrote:They're better than the "Heavy Duty" non-alkaline betteries I bought from Woot last year that are close to useless. What a sucker!

Oh, those were the WORST!!! I didn't buy these the last time Woot offered them because I was still smarting from falling for those crappy batteries. Good for a whole 30 seconds!

Misty Walker

dednkicking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dednkicking
Soapie0 wrote:Oh, those were the WORST!!! I didn't buy these the last time Woot offered them because I was still smarting from falling for those crappy batteries. Good for a whole 30 seconds!

I also fell for those batteries was definitely a facepalm moment.

DeaconSlim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeaconSlim

Bought these on a previous sale and have gone through half of one pack (the order comes as three 24 packs of batteries).

They work just fine. I use them in my wireless mouse, XBOX controller and remote control. They probably don't last as long as Duracell/Energizer, but with 72 of them you can afford to use a couple of more over similar time periods.

I believe the sticking point for me the last time this came up was the testing that someone linked last time

Basically these guys finished in the top 25-33% in terms of performance (performing better in low-drain tests) but were the 3rd or 4th cheapest per 'Ah'...so one of the best values of all 30 they tested.

So I'd definitely say get these for general use in more low-drain electronics, but probably not the best for digital cameras or other high-drain devices.

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica

As a single lady, these will come in handy for sure.

I may be kidding. :-p

I poop while I Woot.

blockmachining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blockmachining

I don't know about the battery tests; however, I bought these the last time they were sold and they flat run out of energy fast. I have a PDA and normally it's batteries last up to eight weeks. These batteries only last a week and a half. The rate that I'm having to replace these completely offset the battery cost savings. Just saying.

ptravers99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ptravers99

I have a word of caution for special circumstances... do NOT try to use Alkaline batteries where they go through temperature fluctuations. I live in Dallas, TX (it doesn't exactly get COLD here anyway, I'm originally from MN). We have an electronic lock on our outside door that uses 6 AA batteries. I went through four sets of different Alkaline batteries... first the batteries that came with the lock (I knew those were crap), then Fry's brand (100 Alkalines for $19), then these (72 for $13), then finally Duracell (100 for $40) - all gave out within just a few weeks. After doing some research online, I found out that the Alkaline technology gets substantially weaker when subjected to hot/cold/hot cycles. I have now switched to Lithium and have had no problems with the lock in over a month, so (knock on wood) maybe it's solved.

bluemaple

quality posts: 64 Private Messages bluemaple
DeaconSlim wrote:Bought these on a previous sale....

I believe the sticking point for me the last time this came up was the testing that someone linked last time

Basically these guys finished in the top 25-33% in terms of performance (performing better in low-drain tests) but were the 3rd or 4th cheapest per 'Ah'...so one of the best values of all 30 they tested.

So I'd definitely say get these for general use in more low-drain electronics, but probably not the best for digital cameras or other high-drain devices.

@DeaconSlim, thanks - that's one of the cleanest and easiest to use test sites I've seen. (Link repeated in case it doesn't come thru on the reply)

http://www.batteryshowdown.com/index.html

In order to be more applicable to us, it would be helpful if it rated US sold/delivered (vs UK) batteries since it's possible formulations might vary by global market - even with the same brand names. As an example governments have different regulations that might lead to formulation restrictions. (California, we're thinking of you and your warnings not to touch many plastics with bare hands, etc...)

katappe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katappe

We used to buy these all the time as they are often on sale really cheap at our local ShopRite. Their life span is awful. My wireless keyboard went from eight-month lifespan with generic alkaline to two month lifespan on Kodak. We have vowed never to buy them again. You get what you pay for. I recommend staying away.

morpheus282

quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
Loeb wrote:They're better than the "Heavy Duty" non-alkaline betteries I bought from Woot last year that are close to useless. What a sucker!

Alkaline batteries are better than "Heavy Duty" batteries by a long shot. Dollar Tree sells Sunbeam Heavy Duty batteries by the 8 pack in AA and AAA size. These batteries last about 1/3 the time of the Sunbeam Alkaline batteries they sell by the 4 pack.

I'd be on this deal pretty quickly, but $14.99 + $5 shipping for 72 batteries comes out to around 27 cents per battery. If you buy 2 it's 24 cents per battery and buying 3 takes it to 23 cents per battery. That's only marginally better than the 25 cents per battery that I currently pay and I don't have to store three butt-tons of batteries to get that price.

morpheus282

quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
iamjessica wrote:As a single lady, these will come in handy for sure.

That reminds me of one of the best moments from Married, With Children.

MARCY: Do you know what would happen if men had breasts?

AL: We wouldn't need women anymore?

PEGGY: And if you had what other men have, I wouldn't need batteries anymore.

AL: That's what happened to my die hard!

I think it's safe to say that Peggy wouldn't be in on this deal.

awfullyquiet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awfullyquiet

I can't believe some people bought two. That's gross!

MeJoJo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MeJoJo

Never too early to stock up on hurricane supplies. Great deal!

dnaisbi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnaisbi
Soapie0 wrote:Oh, those were the WORST!!! I didn't buy these the last time Woot offered them because I was still smarting from falling for those crappy batteries. Good for a whole 30 seconds!

I agree, these batteries last less time in my insulin pump then any battery I have ever used I would guess it's about 1/8th of the time of energizer.

azvinnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages azvinnie
awfullyquiet wrote:I can't believe some people bought two. That's gross!

LOL... math jokes...

Triosinal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Triosinal
iamjessica wrote:As a single lady, these will come in handy for sure.

Yes, you must power the many cat-themed clocks.

Antoko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Antoko

A Butt-Ton of but-ton top batteries?

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

I get 8 AA/AAA alkaline batteries at Aldi for $1.99+tax(16 cents) They are not the best batteries I have used but they beat all local deals at around 27 cents/battery after tax.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

Papa22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papa22

Sounds like a great deal, unfortunately they have the Kodak name.

Davandar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Davandar
awfullyquiet wrote:I can't believe some people bought two. That's gross!

Nice!

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

in for 1. i think they'll work for the xbox controller and the mouse.

I always did like yardsales.