WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Thousands and Thousands of Batteries

Look, we went a little nuts, you know how it goes, something sounds like a good idea and then you take it a little too far and then you take it WAY TOO far until it's a really BAD idea and the next day you're like "Ugh, what happened? What did I do?" The point is, we've got a LOT of batteries on our hands here. Help a dude out, huh?

Brasil221

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brasil221

Why does Woot never sell AAA's by themselves? They're ALWAYS bundled with AA's. Hey Woot, I've already bought plenty of iGo AA's from you guys, I just need a handful of AAA's for my... um, it doesn't matter what they're for, I just need em, ok?

sbudnic1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbudnic1

not for nothin, those AC Delco batteries are a) leaky b) don't last long.

I bought a metric buttload of all, AA, AAA and even a package of C (why do ALL toys EVERYWHERE only take Cs?) and their lifespan is remarkably short. As well, I've had 4 separate leakage situations, 2 in a flashlight, one each in different TV remotes.

never again

(incidentally, the eneloop rechargable batteries I bought are A++++++)

gambrinus2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gambrinus2
sbudnic1 wrote:not for nothin, those AC Delco batteries are a) leaky b) don't last long.

I bought a metric buttload of all, AA, AAA and even a package of C (why do ALL toys EVERYWHERE only take Cs?) and their lifespan is remarkably short. As well, I've had 4 separate leakage situations, 2 in a flashlight, one each in different TV remotes.

never again

(incidentally, the eneloop rechargable batteries I bought are A++++++)

That's disappointing. I bought a huge amount of Fuji batteries here ages ago, and the things are absolutely awful. I have to replace the batteries in my trackpad every other week. Was hoping one of these would be better. Anyone have feedback on the quality of the other brands offered here?

stevenstepheni

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stevenstepheni
gambrinus2 wrote:That's disappointing. I bought a huge amount of Fuji batteries here ages ago, and the things are absolutely awful. I have to replace the batteries in my trackpad every other week. Was hoping one of these would be better. Anyone have feedback on the quality of the other brands offered here?

We got the exact pack of Panasonic ones on a Woot off and they're great! No problems at all. I agree with another comment above though...please Woot...sell some AAA's alone!

blitz121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blitz121

I really haven't had much of a problem with the AC Delco batteries (Knock on wood) no leakage at least yet.

mcbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcbs
Brasil221 wrote:Why does Woot never sell AAA's by themselves? They're ALWAYS bundled with AA's. Hey Woot, I've already bought plenty of iGo AA's from you guys, I just need a handful of AAA's for my... um, it doesn't matter what they're for, I just need em, ok?

Yeah! What he said!

missyc4n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missyc4n

I was so frickin' excited when I saw this. I've been waiting months for this to show back up and then the one battery I need to run all of my dang baby swings isn't even listed. Utter disappointment was all that happened next. I need D batteries guys!!! Get some Ds!!!!

btalarczyk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btalarczyk
missyc4n wrote:I was so frickin' excited when I saw this. I've been waiting months for this to show back up and then the one battery I need to run all of my dang baby swings isn't even listed. Utter disappointment was all that happened next. I need D batteries guys!!! Get some Ds!!!!

I second that! I need D size also!

jbills

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbills

I could get down with some rechargeables. Let's see more of that, woot!

sdc100

quality posts: 497 Private Messages sdc100
blitz121 wrote:I really haven't had much of a problem with the AC Delco batteries (Knock on wood) no leakage at least yet.

My Delcos are fine as well.

sdc100

quality posts: 497 Private Messages sdc100
stevenstepheni wrote:We got the exact pack of Panasonic ones on a Woot off and they're great! No problems at all. I agree with another comment above though...please Woot...sell some AAA's alone!

A lot of people are surprsed to learn that Panasonic doesn't merely stamp their name on generic [Chinese] batteries. They actually make their own batteries -- and even more surprisingly -- in a factory located in the US. On the other hand, that once-great US company, Kodak, often stamps their name on generic batteries.

serajane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages serajane
missyc4n wrote:I was so frickin' excited when I saw this. I've been waiting months for this to show back up and then the one battery I need to run all of my dang baby swings isn't even listed. Utter disappointment was all that happened next. I need D batteries guys!!! Get some Ds!!!!

yeah....what's up with the no D's when they're so prominently pictured in the ad???

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

serajane wrote:yeah....what's up with the no D's when they're so prominently pictured in the ad???

Old banner. We sold Ds once before I think. Sorry about the disappointment.

ob199spyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ob199spyder

Side note:
Radio Shack always has batteries on sale. Not sure what the deal is right now but last time i went it was like 15 bucks for 36. They're rated better than duracell and enegizer too

pghirsch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pghirsch
Brasil221 wrote:Why does Woot never sell AAA's by themselves? They're ALWAYS bundled with AA's. Hey Woot, I've already bought plenty of iGo AA's from you guys, I just need a handful of AAA's for my... um, it doesn't matter what they're for, I just need em, ok?

+1. I also need only AAA. Why no AAA package?? Are they somehow rare and valuable and can only be sold if you also buy the 'bad' AA's as well??

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman

Last time around, I received a pack of the AC Delco batteries that were leaked. Woot prompty replaced these. Other than that I haven't had any other issues with them. They are in my kid's toys that are always on and see like they work out fairly well.

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat

So...my batteries just came in, and what I got is not only NOT what I ordered, it's not any of the packages listed.

I received 16 AA and 16 AAA batteries. I had ordered the 16 AA/8 AAA/2 9V package.

I know, I could email support@woot.com to get what I really ordered. I'm not sure if I should bother, though. I mean, I'll use the extra AAAs eventually.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sarahat wrote:So...my batteries just came in, and what I got is not only NOT what I ordered, it's not any of the packages listed.

I received 16 AA and 16 AAA batteries. I had ordered the 16 AA/8 AAA/2 9V package.

I know, I could email support@woot.com to get what I really ordered. I'm not sure if I should bother, though. I mean, I'll use the extra AAAs eventually.

Please do email them. It's important we know when orders are messed up.