WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

uNu Ecopak iPhone 5 Battery Cases

The phone lay prone, its breath coming in short gasps. Friends and relatives flitted on tiptoe throughout the room, absurdly quiet for fear of upsetting the dying phone. The doctor leaned over, glanced at the battery charge indicator, and shook his head solemnly.
uNu official site

gotseven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gotseven

it's a shame they made these cases this way, instead of waiting for official MFG license for the lightning connector.

I would love to see one of these cases that did not require you to carry a cable around (built in, like the one in the photo)

psac42

quality posts: 5 Private Messages psac42

So it's basically just an external battery in the same form factor as the iP5? Not bad for the price for anyone who doesn't already have an external battery, good for traveling, but otherwise pass.

roygyang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roygyang
psac42 wrote:So it's basically just an external battery in the same form factor as the iP5? Not bad for the price for anyone who doesn't already have an external battery, good for traveling, but otherwise pass.

Bought one last time it was available and I agree the battery is bulky and ugly

shadyninja

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadyninja
gotseven wrote:it's a shame they made these cases this way, instead of waiting for official MFG license for the lightning connector.

I would love to see one of these cases that did not require you to carry a cable around (built in, like the one in the photo)

We have the same set up for our iphone 4s, I dont think of it as carrying a extra cable around, I think of it as carrying a different cable around.
you can charge your phone and the battery in the case at the same time.

And a LOT more people have chargers that are micro usb. making it easier to borrow a charger if I did not have mine with me.

bbonkk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbonkk

This case is not what you see in the top photo. It is one for an iPhone4 which uses the 30 pin male in the case itself. I bought one last time for the iPhone5 and all you get is a case with a battery attached to the back of it. You will need the lightning connector to use the battery, so why bother attaching a battery to the back side of the phone only to have a 3 foot cable hanging down. Don't waste your time just buy an external battery. I really feel this is false advertising for the case.

bbonkk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbonkk

I thing Woot should send us what is in the upper photo if that is what they are selling. The only thing on the page is iPhone5 battery cases and the picture is not what you get. Do not pull a bait and switch on us....

xkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xkr

Hogwash item! Cables need to be attached and yet I see none in the less than descrptive, but certainly deceptive pictures! Scam man! No mas...no mas!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry about the wrong banner photo. I'll let the groups know.

The sale pages had the correct photos. And the titles do say iPhone 5.

As to cables, your iPhone 5 comes with a lightning cable you can use. Apple is being stingy with their cable licensing to 3rd parties so there are few non-Apple (if any) cables available).

ashortfuse13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashortfuse13
bbonkk wrote:This case is not what you see in the top photo. It is one for an iPhone4 which uses the 30 pin male in the case itself. I bought one last time for the iPhone5 and all you get is a case with a battery attached to the back of it. You will need the lightning connector to use the battery, so why bother attaching a battery to the back side of the phone only to have a 3 foot cable hanging down. Don't waste your time just buy an external battery. I really feel this is false advertising for the case.

Thanks for the info, I'll pass on this one.