WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Optoma Projectors

If projector sales on Woot.com are any indication, Optoma is, quite simply, the only projector company on the market. We'd say that they blow the competition out of the water, but, frankly, there doesn't seem to be any competition. OPTOMA OVER ALL. 
Optoma official site

yangmungi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yangmungi

Still waiting on projectors that I can use to project on my ceiling so that I can code/play vidja games lying down.

there is a line in which confidence turns into stupidity... I have no idea where that is.

bkarp1977

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkarp1977

Can anyone confirm if the PK101 or the PK102 are Ipad compatible?

optomacsr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages optomacsr
bkarp1977 wrote:Can anyone confirm if the PK101 or the PK102 are Ipad compatible?

Hello,

PK101 and PK102 can connect to any device via a composite video I/O Port that is on the projector itself.

All the user needs is the appropriate adapter cable which can conform to their mobile device on one end and have a single composite connector to connect to the projector on the other end. IE: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QQ3UL2

optomacsr

yangmungi wrote:Still waiting on projectors that I can use to project on my ceiling so that I can code/play vidja games lying down.

From time to time users will send us images of such a solution where they are using an Optoma projector to project on their ceiling. We, here at Optoma, jokingly refer to it as "horizontal computing". Cheers!

optomacsr

optomacsr wrote:Hello,

PK101 and PK102 can connect to any device via a composite video I/O Port that is on the projector itself.

All the user needs is the appropriate adapter cable which can conform to their mobile device on one end and have a single composite connector to connect to the projector on the other end. IE: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QQ3UL2

BTW: what you want is a 2.5mm Jack AV Input (Composite Video and Stereo Audio-In) to connect to the Projector.

Furthermore, the PK101 comes with a kit which will allow it to work with all 30pin i-products.

Lastly, There are adapters now on the market which will convert the new Apple "lightning Cable" to the older 30pin connection. However, we here at Optoma have not tried this with the new apple cable.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

These have some big shoes to fill if they're going to make up for all the disappointment I still feel over astral projection being a sham.
Gatzby

there used to be a woman in one of my yoga classes who was, by all accounts, extraordinarily gorgeous, astoundingly flexible, and definitely insane.

we were talking once about our ability to focus during yoga and she actually said, "sometimes it's a little hard for me, because i have a tendency to randomly astral project without warning."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

optomacsr wrote:BTW: what you want is a 2.5mm Jack AV Input (Composite Video and Stereo Audio-In) to connect to the Projector.

Furthermore, the PK101 comes with a kit which will allow it to work with all 30pin i-products.

Lastly, There are adapters now on the market which will convert the new Apple "lightning Cable" to the older 30pin connection. However, we here at Optoma have not tried this with the new apple cable.

thanks for dropping in to provide your insight!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

buenocabra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buenocabra

Anybody want to buy me a projector? I have a nice big wall that I've been saving. You might say I should be saving money for a projector instead, but I figure if I keep the wall empty long enough, a projector will make its way to my living room somehow.

markelshark

quality posts: 3 Private Messages markelshark

Woot, please get some projectors with lens shift! I would buy one in a second that had horizontal and vertical lens shift!

For those who don't know what lens shift is, or why it is much better than keystone correction read this

hint: you can mount it nearly anywhere in your room, so for example on a bookshelf and get perfect picture.

Tsonomi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tsonomi

Ok, so I read this projector uses an LED with 20,000 hours of life.

So thats about a little over 2 years of constant operation.

Yeah, yeah, no one runs a projector constantly but go with me on this.

An LED, as it gets hours on it, tends to grow dimmer. you have to add that to your 20,000 hour time limit.

So, what I'd like to know is, can the LED be changed out by the user or are we talking an expensive trip to the repair man?

gonavy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gonavy
Tsonomi wrote:Ok, so I read this projector uses an LED with 20,000 hours of life.

So thats about a little over 2 years of constant operation.

Yeah, yeah, no one runs a projector constantly but go with me on this.

An LED, as it gets hours on it, tends to grow dimmer. you have to add that to your 20,000 hour time limit.

So, what I'd like to know is, can the LED be changed out by the user or are we talking an expensive trip to the repair man?

Any answer to this post Optoma guys? From one review I read on Amazon about this issue the reviewer stated that Optoma customer service said there is nothing to replace or do once this happens. True?

wootsofhazzard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootsofhazzard

I bought the LED projector w/ HDMI in for a family christmas gift. It was DOA out of the box and out of its 90 day warranty by the time it was opened. I do not think I would risk going this route again.