conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's all sit back and watch this video review

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com

levenhopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages levenhopper

The same model is $39.99 (only in the black color, red and white are in the mid-$40s) at Amazon.com, but it's eligible for free prime shipping if you have it.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1062 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Product support page:
http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36777/kw/c1530/selected/true

Product manual
http://resources.kodak.com/support/pdf/en/manuals/urg01242/C1530_xUG_GLB_en.pdf

EasyShare software no longer available from Kodak (I believe this is part of Kodak bailing out of the digital camera business), but answers on what you can do even if you don't have the software:
http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20146/selected/true

starclaws

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starclaws

Bought this on a previous woot/amazon deal for $44 or something. Then bought a 32gig memory card for $20 something. (I think it only supports up to 32gig). Can hold 9999 pictures now. Takes great video at 640x480 I think. Unlimited time length depending on memory space. No speaker for playback on camera. Have to listen on computer but audio is decent. Perfect pictures in proper lighting. Has some trouble in lowlight. Be patient with the autofocus as it can end up out of focus if you snap too fast. Great little introductory camera though. Turns on really fast. Takes 2 batteries AA I think?... Accepts Lithiums though. Has many features. Flash, red eye flash, timed picture taking, double picture mode, triple?, panorama (3 pictures) is a great mode, face recognition, scenery mode, night time, fireworks, blur reduction mode, etc... Better than the $20 hand held one I bought off here before. Ya do your research. For the cost, it was my pick.

hollygetz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hollygetz

Oh I hate to post something negative, as most of my Woot purchases are positive. I got this in a previous Woot to replace a lost Nikon of similar size.

The batteries run out constantly, the zoom is not great, and the connectivity is tedious.

But the color (red) was great. I think I will give it to my grandson. He is 2. Just his speed.

hollygetz

... are we having fun here or what?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 90 Private Messages radi0j0hn
hollygetz wrote:Oh I hate to post something negative, as most of my Woot purchases are positive. I got this in a previous Woot to replace a lost Nikon of similar size.

The batteries run out constantly, the zoom is not great, and the connectivity is tedious.

But the color (red) was great. I think I will give it to my grandson. He is 2. Just his speed.

1. Forget EasyShare, use a card reader instead.

2. Turn off autoflash when you really don't need it to save power.

3. Limit the "preview" time and keep in mind that looking at shots just takes a lot of power.

4. It's a forty buck camera! That's insane for any camera with these specs. I love how tech prices keep dropping as soon as a slightly better model comes out.

5. Not real rugged (like most cameras) for anyone, especially a 2 year old. Wait for "Waaaaaaah! My camera doesn't work! real soon!)

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

warywanderer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warywanderer

Get rechargeable batteries, they'll last a long time

btb604

quality posts: 1 Private Messages btb604

I just don't know. I be looking for a camera for my wife. She rides the short bus when it comes to electronic anything and she LOVES taking photos.

I guess I am looking for something that does not exist???
A camera that takes good pics, easy to use, and forgiving in the durability department.

I have a Canon SX120 and it's way to hard on her....LOL

Any ideas anyone?

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

$40
Hotness:
Share:
Report an error
Save For Later
Kodak EasyShare 14MP 3x Zoom Digital Camera for $40 + free shipping
Amazing Value via Amazon offers the Kodak EasyShare C1530 14-Megapixel Digital Camera in Black for $39.99 with free shipping. That's $3 under our March mention of a different color and the lowest total price we could find for any color by $5. The C1530 features a 3" LCD, 3x optical zoom, 640x480 video recording, 32MB internal memory, USB 2.0 connectivity, and SDHC card compatibility.

jmgute564

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgute564

Any ideas anyone?

I know what you mean, my wife is the same way. I had a Kodak 4 Meg. Loved that camera, extremely easy to operate. Reminded me of the old Kodak "Point & Shoot". Read what "radiOjOhn" had to say and forget the rechargeable batteries, digital cameras usually eat them up. Lithium batteries last the longest.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1062 Private Messages whatsamattaU
dliidlii wrote:$40
Hotness:
Share:
Report an error
Save For Later
Kodak EasyShare 14MP 3x Zoom Digital Camera for $40 + free shipping
Amazing Value via Amazon offers the Kodak EasyShare C1530 14-Megapixel Digital Camera in Black for $39.99 with free shipping. That's $3 under our March mention of a different color and the lowest total price we could find for any color by $5. The C1530 features a 3" LCD, 3x optical zoom, 640x480 video recording, 32MB internal memory, USB 2.0 connectivity, and SDHC card compatibility.

This is what you're pointing to, but the price only applies to the black model. The Red is $47.95, and the white (like here) is $48.41. Although it's a third party that Amazon is fulfilling it for (and therefore woot won't compare itself usually to it), at least the link can help others decide:
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-C1530-Digital-Camera-Black/dp/B004MB4FEU/

For what it's worth, here's the message over there, too:
"Message from the Manufacturer: Kodak recently announced that it will be exiting the digital camera, video, and picture frame businesses. Service & support will continue within the terms of the manufacturer's warranty, which is 1 year from the purchase date. Additionally, the Kodak Share button software and Pulse network will continue to be supported as well. For more details on our warranty, please visit our Warranty here."

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 90 Private Messages radi0j0hn
btb604 wrote:I just don't know. I be looking for a camera for my wife. She rides the short bus when it comes to electronic anything and she LOVES taking photos.

I guess I am looking for something that does not exist???
A camera that takes good pics, easy to use, and forgiving in the durability department.

I have a Canon SX120 and it's way to hard on her....LOL

Any ideas anyone?

Tell her to take time to learn to use the camera. It'll be worth it, trust me.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

btb604

quality posts: 1 Private Messages btb604
radi0j0hn wrote:Tell her to take time to learn to use the camera. It'll be worth it, trust me.

Yeah, been there done that.....
Truthfully, she has no business with a camera. I refused to buy a battery for her SRL model that I bought her a long time ago. She was costing me fortune with out of focus pics along with 10 shots of the same thing.
Shoot me already.....LOL