WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Alkaline Batteries

Time to change the fire alarm batteries! Time to change the batteries in the clock radio! Time to re-battery the electric toothbrush! Time to power up the Teddy Ruxpin! ALL THIS AND MORE WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH BATTERIES!

kazper

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kazper

Does anyone know how the Sonys compare to the Kodak Max? I'm considering buying one of these offers, but I'm not sure which is better. It looks like the Sonys have a slightly longer "use by" date.

leoharper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages leoharper
kazper wrote:Does anyone know how the Sonys compare to the Kodak Max? I'm considering buying one of these offers, but I'm not sure which is better. It looks like the Sonys have a slightly longer "use by" date.

Our family has had good luck with both Sony & Kodak (particularly the MAX). Specifically, here is our rating based on usage experience of each of the brands we've tried on Woot past 2+/- yrs:
#1: Sony Alkaline (lasted longest)
#2: Kodak MAX Alkaline
#3: Kodak Xtralife Alkaline (was OK, but didn't last as long as the Kdoak Max)
#4: Fuji Alkaline (drained most quickly of all)

For the record, we also tried the Fuji "Heavy Duty" around 2 years ago & the performance of that was so lacking it is not even worth listing.

Hope this helps!

shortman

quality posts: 32 Private Messages shortman
leoharper wrote:Our family has had good luck with both Sony & Kodak (particularly the MAX). Specifically, here is our rating based on usage experience of each of the brands we've tried on Woot past 2+/- yrs:
#1: Sony Alkaline (lasted longest)
#2: Kodak MAX Alkaline
#3: Kodak Xtralife Alkaline (was OK, but didn't last as long as the Kdoak Max)
#4: Fuji Alkaline (drained most quickly of all)

For the record, we also tried the Fuji "Heavy Duty" around 2 years ago & the performance of that was so lacking it is not even worth listing.

Hope this helps!

I got the Fuji's for the race cars I recently bought. It's great that the Fuji's drain the fastest. It means play time is over sooner. :P

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

leoharper

shortman wrote:I got the Fuji's for the race cars I recently bought. It's great that the Fuji's drain the fastest. It means play time is over sooner. :P

LOL...you may have a good point there! But for all those things that are annoying to replace the batteries in, like our electronic baby swing and vibrating baby bouncer, the longer they last the better for us! ...GO SONY! :-)

shortman

quality posts: 32 Private Messages shortman
leoharper wrote:LOL...you may have a good point there! But for all those things that are annoying to replace the batteries in, like our electronic baby swing and vibrating baby bouncer, the longer they last the better for us! ...GO SONY! :-)

Those race cars with Fuji batteries raced and raced for hours tonight. I kept waiting for the batteries to die, but they just weren't. Oh well.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

frinky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frinky

I'm not sure how much of a deal this is after the $5 shipping... unless you buy 3.

"...remind this nation that we are too good to make war our most successful enterprise..." - Mario Cuomo '92

leoharper

frinky wrote:I'm not sure how much of a deal this is after the $5 shipping... unless you buy 3.

One AA or AAA 4 pack of Energizer or Duracell at any of our local grocery chains is around $4.00 - $5.00...that's $1.00 - $1.25 per battery. Even with the $5 shipping if you only buy 1 pack, these Kodak & Sony AA & AAA are only $0.28 per battery...delivered to your doorstep! Good deal for this fam! :-)

marki992

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marki992

Amazon has the 12 pack for 12.81 w/ amazon prime...just saying

120days

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 120days

Fuji EnviroMAX Super Alkaline AA Batteries - 48 Pack

we tend to buy in bulk for batteries (mainly cause teh wii drains them pretty fast), and these arent too bad. along with taking out the batteries when not in use, im pleasently surprised with these